The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quick P30+ test.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just want to make sure things are working. Apparently the detail is still amazing. Shot at ISO 100 at 3.2 with a 80mm

Guy Mancuso

So question was how is ISO 1600 wide open 2.8 at 1/20 handheld. Hmmm just what I was after hardly any noise

Guy Mancuso

Not WB at all or anything for that matter. UGLY pictures. LOL

I will do a nice report after I play with it some more but very nice back and just saved me from buying a DSLR. Best option I had

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like the complex trade worked out very well for everybody -- congrats to all!

Guy Mancuso

To you too Henry. I see you moved over to a Phase P30+ as well. I just really enjoy shooting MF and really the brand does not matter in a lot of ways but the format just fits me. I think this maybe a solution that I was looking for . I had a really tough time deciding between the P25 and 30 to begin with and I love the P25 but this solves the high ISO issue that I was facing in my work. I shoot a lot of people and events in all kinds of light even handheld so this gives me a extra edge and I feel the need for a DSLR just vanished or more important just rent for the rare times I may need it.

Don Libby

Guy - just a heads up but the truck tags expire in a couple days. No worries if it isn't yours!

Some habits die hard!

Henry Goh

To you too Henry. I see you moved over to a Phase P30+ as well. I just really enjoy shooting MF and really the brand does not matter in a lot of ways but the format just fits me. I think this maybe a solution that I was looking for . I had a really tough time deciding between the P25 and 30 to begin with and I love the P25 but this solves the high ISO issue that I was facing in my work. I shoot a lot of people and events in all kinds of light even handheld so this gives me a extra edge and I feel the need for a DSLR just vanished or more important just rent for the rare times I may need it.
Can't agree more. In fact, I'm gathering my Nikon stuff for sale. Some very good glass including the very pricey 28mm f/1.4. I'll keep my Canons though.

gogopix

Subscriber
BTW who said Mamiya can't shoot wide open. LOL
Probably me.:eek:
but then even with tonnes of Leica lenses I don't find them satisfying wide open.

As for my Contax, Hasselblad and Leica's, wide open is just there for emergencies. Up 1/2 to 1 stops is tops

The pickup image is imteresting. MASSIVE pop and presence at the resoliutiuon shown. Tells me the P30 is as good or better than I thought it was, and Guy, you can squeeze a lot of IQ out of any system.
The second image, well, back to what we expect from wide open.

BTW, Guy you haven't been traveling SOTB, have you. Seriously, not an item to toy with (I am in healthcare). Only say that from the text on the (somewhat fuzzy) crop of second image.

best regards
Victor

Guy Mancuso

No mexico trips for me right now, this thing is a little scary. Being a border state and a very prominent one at that to Mexico is a little nerve rattling.

Looks like the P30 is very good for sure. Lot's more play time with it needed but after a couple quickies looks pretty good. Certainly MF stuff

Guy Mancuso

Guy - just a heads up but the truck tags expire in a couple days. No worries if it isn't yours!

Some habits die hard!
Don at least he has a job washing windows and get's paid. LOL

I get did you finish it yet and a bone thrown at me.:wtf:

carstenw

Congrats, Guy! I know you have been looking for this for a long time. What was the "complex trade", out of curiousity?

Graham Mitchell

Guy, hope you enjoy your new back. The ISO 100 looks great. The ISO 1600 looks very much like there has been NR applied, but I say that just as an observation not a criticism (I suspect that C1 applies this automatically for high ISO files). Anyway, it's the end results that matter and having a useable ISO 1600 is a good thing.

Guy Mancuso

Actually the luminance level was dropped to zero. Need more play time with it at 1600 which was primary reason to get this. But we will have to see in some tests just to be sure what is going on.

Guy Mancuso

Congrats, Guy! I know you have been looking for this for a long time. What was the "complex trade", out of curiousity?
LOL a member bought mine and I bought another members P30 plus and all around great deals for everyone which at the end of the day everyone is happy but I could not sell mine without getting the same pricing on one I buy. But it worked out great for everyone.