Site Sponsors

Thread: P30+, Phase Body and 80mm lens reduced

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

P30+, Phase Body and 80mm lens reduced

P30+, Phase Body,80mm lens and C1 Pro reduced pricing to 16995 US LIST PRICE.

Very nice setup , exactly what I have.

http://www.anp.se/newsletter/264673/...5E457641415B43
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P30+, Phase Body and 80mm lens reduced

You were scaring me there a minute, Guy. I thought you were trying to market your own P30+ for a second....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No No. Need to use it first. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Seriously - every second week is another offer from one of these MFD companies - pretty much making anyone who bought in teh previous month or so look like a dumb arsed ignoramus. There is no 'market' anyone can trust at the moment...very sad.

the second hand market shoudl trade at less than 50% of new minimum and thats where it is heading.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me very much of the computer market where it changes monthly, weekly and in some cases daily; I come to expect as much for high tech equipment. You can never keep up and never expect to save; just buy the tool you think you need and hope that you made the right decision.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

For me, who has not bought so far, this is all good!

The longer I wait the more I will get for my money. I do really hope for some more significant reductions till year end.

Come on Phase and Hassi and Leaf and others, you can do even better

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple more decades of patience, and you will get a camera with amazing specs for very little outlay!
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    For me, who has not bought so far, this is all good!

The longer I wait the more I will get for my money. I do really hope for some more significant reductions till year end.

Come on Phase and Hassi and Leaf and others, you can do even better
    Awww, c'mon, Peter. To participate in this support group, ya gotta buy something...

Uh, Guy---you wife's not reading this is she?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No but honestly I think we hit the bottom already, prices are not going to go much lower. You may see some packaging and special financing and such but raw price may not happen. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    No but honestly I think we hit the bottom already, prices are not going to go much lower. You may see some packaging and special financing and such but raw price may not happen. IMHO
    In today's economy and the state of our industry I think buying with a long term view is a priority. Knowing that what you buy today may depreciate quicker than you like means making a purchase that has some functional staying power for you.

And - at some point, watching prices month after month begins to cut into your actual production with the product you salivate over does it not?

Very important to remember - you're not buying stocks, you're buying a camera....and a camera is for.....?

Steve Hendrix
    Phase One

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Seriously - every second week is another offer from one of these MFD companies - pretty much making anyone who bought in teh previous month or so look like a dumb arsed ignoramus. There is no 'market' anyone can trust at the moment...very sad.
    I couldn't agree more - it's a vicious circle, if you were thinking of buying 3 months ago, the recent price drops are more likely to make you wait than to make you buy.

If they're selling off inventory at less than cost, then they're in trouble. The only way it can be nearly okay is if they were making HUGE profits 9 months ago.

Just this guy you know

Alexander Bauer

No but honestly I think we hit the bottom already,

You may see some packaging IMHO
    Guy do you mean like iPod skin colors and such

sure the price will go down, just wait and see.

I don't think Phase will relate to Leica and follow their lead

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hendrix/Phase One View Post
    In today's economy and the state of our industry I think buying with a long term view is a priority. Knowing that what you buy today may depreciate quicker than you like means making a purchase that has some functional staying power for you.

And - at some point, watching prices month after month begins to cut into your actual production with the product you salivate over does it not?

Very important to remember - you're not buying stocks, you're buying a camera....and a camera is for.....?

Steve Hendrix
    Phase One

Have to agree,nice to get a nice price but need too shoot also.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a hint in much of this that these price reductions are somehow "unfair". I think Peter will agree (but maybe not LIKE) that each buy sell is a commercial exchange of value, at the time. I have purchased lenes that have appreciated considerably (All Contax, and some Leica M) and likely have paid too much for some Leica's (not M's that other letter, and also the once vaunted "21mm distagon, now going for a third what I paid!)).
    If you bought a Haselblad or Phase before the drop, then you likely thought it was fair at the time.
    I look at it this way; as long as I am not an inverterate buyer/seller, the market evens out, and I have the item to use. If you have an overpriced Hassey and want a Phase with Phase camera, guess what, you will sell low, and BUY low.
    I think Guy can validate this; he was ahead on some and behind on others but seems to have equipment he likes. So do many here. As a 'collector' (actually, a pack rat- I just HATE to sell ) I average out.
    What I am encouraged by is that these companies don't roll over in bad time; they try new things(ok I'm not crazy about them, but Phamyia IS coming out with new products and features, new lenses, and Phase backs are more numerous now than ever.)
    Sorry, I'm a GLASS HALF FULL PERSON

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You just can't have any regrets , sure I lost money and maybe made some smart buys but in the end i got what i wanted at the time when I wanted it regardless of price.

At some point you just have to have it and shoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If I add up all the money I've "lost" by buying camera gear too early or selling it too late, the grand total would still be less than what I lost the minute I drove my last new car off the lot... We won't even talk about my 401K...

By comparison, my camera gearslutaholism has been a financial blessing!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

There are always several sides to all of this. If you use the gear for making money, then you buy what you need when you need it and do the work to pay for things. Sure, a nice price drop is great on the bottom line for the buyer, but if you have missed or are avoiding work that could be done with the gear, what economy is there in waiting?

For those that do not use the gear so much for making money, then sitting around and watching and waiting for the prices to drop is not a bad idea. It is your money, so why not try to get the best deal you can.

Also, if you make a decision to purchase something, be sure of that decision and do not look back (buyer's remorse), and also stop "shopping" prices.....it will only make you crazy and create internal stress. Instead, go use the gear. Go enjoy having it and using it to get the shots you want or are imagining. Almost every piece of gear will depreciate....some faster than others....so just think about how much enjoyment and utility you are getting while you have it and then either sell it or add it to the collection.

Trying to guess how low prices may go is mostly futile. Heck, how many of us thought we would see the H3DII-31 at its present price? Will it stay that low? for how long? what will the "replacement" be like and how much? Just think about the amount of time some have been waiting/drooling/anticipating the S2. How many things were not shot or done while waiting? (I know that I have suspended some of my own business waiting to see what the price on the S2 may be, and also wondering what the next Canon 1-series will be and how much. I have managed to keep shooting with the perfectly good cameras I still own, but I do know that I have NOT ventured into some areas while waiting for more news, and honestly, I am starting to regret that a bit. But since I am this far into the speculative wait, I will stick it out a bit longer, or realize that I just need to buy the gear I need and be on with it.....and stop worrying about the pricing games.)

LJ

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Jack's point on a car and 401k (pension fund to non americans)..!!!

I know I don't have the best of everything... anything in fact, but I know I get out there and shoot some fab images, photo's that blow me away and my clients, or pictures that I just have to hang on my wall.. I don't have, nor want the very latest and best kit... i want to get out more and use what I have already amassed..

Remember that saying ... back in the 'old' days of film.... 'The person that spends more a year on camera gear than film and processing ISN'T a photographer but a collector...'.

How many of us spend hours on the web trolling around when we could be out there shooting....? Too many of us to admit I think...

Steve

Alexander Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by LJL View Post
    There are always several sides to all of this. If you use the gear for making money, then you buy what you need when you need it and do the work to pay for things. Sure, a nice price drop is great on the bottom line for the buyer, but if you have missed or are avoiding work that could be done with the gear, what economy is there in waiting?

For those that do not use the gear so much for making money, then sitting around and watching and waiting for the prices to drop is not a bad idea. It is your money, so why not try to get the best deal you can.

Also, if you make a decision to purchase something, be sure of that decision and do not look back (buyer's remorse), and also stop "shopping" prices.....it will only make you crazy and create internal stress. Instead, go use the gear.
    LJ
    well my story (talking about years ago) was don't sell Nikon just to switch to full frame Canon and I didn't.

don't buy M8 instead use your M7 and I did.

well I even used Nikon F4 many times.

now I'm using Nikon D3x and even though MFDB game is a little different because the quality is really there and the files are very juicy and beautiful I feel like I can still wait and believe me among other things pricing of MFDB gear has a lot to do with it.

dealing with cars is easy experience because my wife is
    head of the Audi dealership and since I met my wife 18 years ago
    I've been driving Audi now we are down to Audi R8 and Range Rover

now is our R8 or Range Rover going to increase or decrease our cash flow
    nobody cares because at the end of every month it's not my Nikon or my future MFDB that is or was responsible, it is me and me only who brings the business not Nikon or any MFDB label out there.

all I know is by visiting this site, this forum is a real gift from Jack and Guy

real world examples, tips, troubleshooting from everybody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I want a Audi. LOL

I love the new Q5.

Alexander Bauer

I want a Audi. LOL

I love the new Q5.

why not

didn't liked them before esthetically

i don't believe I ever said that in front of my wife though

but starting 2006 I changed my mind

so now I feel like William Wallace FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Seems like one of the few MFDB outfits that hasn't fallen in price over the past several months is the Hasselblad 503CWD-II kit with the 40mm IF lens. Still $12,995. Either it's already a great price and with no obvious competition or there are some other reasons why the price is not falling even the slightest (limited remaining supply of the 40 IF lens perhaps?). Very odd.

At least I don't have to suffer any pangs of regret by seeing it priced for 20-30% less than I paid. I think that's called looking on the bright side. :-)

Gary
    Alaska

Post Thanks / Like

"If I add up all the money I've "lost" by buying camera gear too early or selling it too late, the grand total would still be less than what I lost the minute I drove my last new car off the lot... We won't even talk about my 401K...

By comparison, my camera gearslutaholism has been a financial blessing!"

Not only that, but you must consider the intangibles such as how much trouble it's kept you out of.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Seems like one of the few MFDB outfits that hasn't fallen in price over the past several months is the Hasselblad 503CWD-II kit with the 40mm IF lens. Still $12,995. Either it's already a great price and with no obvious competition or there are some other reasons why the price is not falling even the slightest (limited remaining supply of the 40 IF lens perhaps?). Very odd.

At least I don't have to suffer any pangs of regret by seeing it priced for 20-30% less than I paid. I think that's called looking on the bright side. :-)

Gary
    Alaska
    Good point. Its a tidy complete package one might think there are other opportunities at this price point, or a bit less (say a package at $10k).... but so far, very hard to get manuf. to see it, or be able to meet it.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like

Truer words have never been spoken..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Kerfoot View Post
    "If I add up all the money I've "lost" by buying camera gear too early or selling it too late, the grand total would still be less than what I lost the minute I drove my last new car off the lot... We won't even talk about my 401K...

By comparison, my camera gearslutaholism has been a financial blessing!"

Not only that, but you must consider the intangibles such as how much trouble it's kept you out of.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost plenty of money on cars over the years but I've never lost a penny on cameras or lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anyone interested to buy H3DII-39mp + HC 2.8/80mm with $19500? I can reduce it to $19000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Anyone interested to buy H3DII-39mp + HC 2.8/80mm with $19500? I can reduce it to $19000.
    Are you moving to a Phase One system?

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
    Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up