The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP, my Phase One P45+ is driving me crazy

Dale Allyn

Chris, thanks for the additional info. I definitely run v4.11 on that one machine with no expectation of support from Phase One (and have few issues doing so). It can be a full-time job keeping computers, peripherals and software in a reasonable state of parity. An update on one element often requires an update or replacement of another, and sometimes drivers are slow to come, etc. Or one has multiple boot drives and frequent restarts, etc. Alternatively, one ends up like me with different machines handling different tasks until one finds time (and funds) to bring it all to parity again. It's a cycle which I do not enjoy. :)

S

selsoe

To clarify: The latest versions of Capture One 4 require Mac OS 10.5. They run on either PowerPC or Intel processors, but only Intel processors are supported by Phase One (it have shown to behave a bit unexpected on PPC once in a while, but for some, it runs fine)

felix5616

Thanks to Digital transitions i am up and running with the P45+ and Capture One 3.7.9
I also tried 4.8 on my intel IMAC and figured out the workflow there.
Last night i did some 1-3 minute exposures at ASA 50 and the files were impressive. I still believe that despite this backs capabilities the back does not meet my shooting style, with a few exceptions. I have some very interested parties and think I may move to a nikon full frame system which i believe will suit me better.

woodyspedden

Given the success of others I assume the problems I am having with 4.8 must be due to something i am doing wrong. For me, C1 4.8 crashes constantly. Sometimes it takes only 30 seconds and at other times several minutes.

I completely (or as best I understand "completely") uninstalled the older version of C1 and then did a clean install of 4.8. When I started having problems I ran disk warrior so as to assure I had a clean directory and that all files had disk permission set correctly (or as best I understand "correctly"). No help. Same symptoms as before.

I have now gone back to 4.7 and although not completely stable it is far better than 4.8

I am on a Mac (Intel based) and am running the latest update of 10.5.

Someone please help. I really need C1 but with these crashes I am about to give up. I have run virtually all the other raw converters (ACR, LR, Lightzone, Silkypix, Raw Developer) and have never had crashes. Some of the raw converters mentioned have other issues for sure but stability isn't one of them.

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug, where are you now that I really need you

Woody

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Woody,

Check out this thread, starting at message 37: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3687&page=2 There are a few possible solutions there.

You might also start a new thread about C1 crashing. Your question might get lost here.

Steve
Given the success of others I assume the problems I am having with 4.8 must be due to something i am doing wrong. For me, C1 4.8 crashes constantly. Sometimes it takes only 30 seconds and at other times several minutes.

I completely (or as best I understand "completely") uninstalled the older version of C1 and then did a clean install of 4.8. When I started having problems I ran disk warrior so as to assure I had a clean directory and that all files had disk permission set correctly (or as best I understand "correctly"). No help. Same symptoms as before.

I have now gone back to 4.7 and although not completely stable it is far better than 4.8

I am on a Mac (Intel based) and am running the latest update of 10.5.

Someone please help. I really need C1 but with these crashes I am about to give up. I have run virtually all the other raw converters (ACR, LR, Lightzone, Silkypix, Raw Developer) and have never had crashes. Some of the raw converters mentioned have other issues for sure but stability isn't one of them.

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug, where are you now that I really need you

Woody
4.8.1 was released Friday with bug fixes specific to stability on some small percentage of 8 core mac pros. If that applies to you it's worth some time to download, wipe your current version, and install 4.8.1. If you do, please let us know the results.

carstenw

Doug, is P1 aware of this "wipe-clean" hassle? Are they going to fix it? Even a dialog box each time a new version is run which says "do you want to delete old settings?" would help, and would take little effort.