The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

fotografz

ACR Release candidate 5.4 has added support for CF, CFV, CFH, H2D, H3D, H3D-II backs including all the multishot versions. Finally! :thumbs:

5.4 DNG converter is also available for download.

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php?title=Camera_Raw_5.4#Download

WAHOOO! :clap:

Lightroom is sure to follow.

For me, this means a totally integrated workflow when using the H3D-II cameras with other ACR supported DSLRs and the M8. No more conversions necessary in Phocus when doing weddings.

Like with C1, Phocus will now be used on an as needed basis ... especially for DAC corrections and color.

Testing to follow.

-Marc

ptomsu

Workshop Member
ACR Release candidate 5.4 has added support for CF, CFV, CFH, H2D, H3D, H3D-II backs including all the multishot versions. Finally! :thumbs:

5.4 DNG converter is also available for download.

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php?title=Camera_Raw_5.4#Download

WAHOOO! :clap:

Lightroom is sure to follow.

For me, this means a totally integrated workflow when using the H3D-II cameras with other ACR supported DSLRs and the M8. No more conversions necessary in Phocus when doing weddings.

Like with C1, Phocus will now be used on an as needed basis ... especially for DAC corrections and color.

Testing to follow.

-Marc
Sorry Marc, but what do you smoke?

What about all the lens corrections which are supported in Phocus? They will NOT be supported by Camera Raw xyz in PSxyz or Lightroom :confused:

fotografz

Sorry Marc, but what do you smoke?

What about all the lens corrections which are supported in Phocus? They will NOT be supported by Camera Raw xyz in PSxyz or Lightroom :confused:
Don't need them for a fair majority of event and portrait work. I may do a couple of W/A shots with the H3D-II, but most are with the longer lenses ... 100/2.2 and up.

Plus, I'm a fan of using the Legacy V lenses on my H cameras as well as the CFV use with the 203FE ... which are not addressed in Phocus as far as DAC applications are concerned.

This will address workflow integration when exercising those non DAC options. I can process any critical DAC needs independantly and import them into the workflow.

Obviously, for a job with lots of W/A application, I'd opt for Phocus.

Choice is nice. Didn't have it before without adding the DNG conversion step. Now I do, Wahoo!

-Marc

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Understand!

How do the old Hasselblad lenses (V, 203) perform on the H camera? And can you use them on an H3D2?

Thanks!

Ben Rubinstein

Does anyone know if they added any functionality to this RC apart from the new supported cameras? Adobe usually sneak a couple of new functions into every new version though often they are obscure. The last RC screwed up my system so I'm not in a rush to upgrade however if there are some useful new functions then I'll do it.

rmueller

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the info, that would certainly make life with the CFV easier.

As far as output from the H3DII is concerned I believe I'll stay with Phocus since
I use the 28mm a lot. That one really benefits from DAC in Phocus.

Anyway, good news and hopefully some motivation for Phocus engineers to
keep up with ACR functionality. After all I got used to Phocus and actually
like it ;-)

Regards,
Ralf

Don't need them for a fair majority of event and portrait work. I may do a couple of W/A shots with the H3D-II, but most are with the longer lenses ... 100/2.2 and up.

Plus, I'm a fan of using the Legacy V lenses on my H cameras as well as the CFV use with the 203FE ... which are not addressed in Phocus as far as DAC applications are concerned.

This will address workflow integration when exercising those non DAC options. I can process any critical DAC needs independantly and import them into the workflow.

Obviously, for a job with lots of W/A application, I'd opt for Phocus.

Choice is nice. Didn't have it before without adding the DNG conversion step. Now I do, Wahoo!

-Marc

PeterA

Awesome news Marc - Thanks for posting - this is a really smart direction Hasselblad is taking - now all they need to do is make Phocus a Plug in for Adobe to include DAC. -:)

hahaha - so easy to ask fo rmore just when you got a nice surprise!

fotografz

Understand!

How do the old Hasselblad lenses (V, 203) perform on the H camera? And can you use them on an H3D2?

Thanks!
Yep. Any H camera using the CF Adapter ... which preserves auto aperture. The H camera also provides in-viewfinder focus confirmation. All the lenses including the extenders are programed into the firmware, which is automatically triggered when the CF Adapter is installed. The CFE lenses with data bus contacts automatically index the max aperture for metering. The C,CF, and CFi lenses have to be manually inputted using the grip LCD and grip wheels.

The 40IF, 60/3.5, 100/3.5, 180/4, and all of the APOs produce spectacular results ... Zeiss color, rendering and micro-contrast and all that. I even use the fisheye.

The F and FE lenses do not work on the H, they are focal plane lenses ... the H system is leaf shutter ... there isn't a focal plane shutter in the camera.

Jeffg53

The only fly in the ointment is that only 3fr files are supported. I have never kept a 3fr file. I always import into Phocus and then chuck the 3fr. Hopefully, fff files will be supported in the future. I would love to be able to see all files in Bridge whether I used ACR or not.

Cheers,

Jeff

s.agar

Most of my 3FR files produced in H3DII-31 can NOT be converted. Only about 20% is converted, while others give error messages. I guess it's because of the beta version.

In any case, I need DAC corrections all the time, which probably will never be possible in the Adobe software, because of proprietory nature.

Seyhun

mark1958

I had started not saving the .3F files but only the .FFF files. That was a mistake. Fortunately that was a recent change so not too much in the way of a problem if i want to use CS4.