Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    ACR Release candidate 5.4 has added support for CF, CFV, CFH, H2D, H3D, H3D-II backs including all the multishot versions. Finally!

    5.4 DNG converter is also available for download.

    http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php...w_5.4#Download

    WAHOOO!

    Lightroom is sure to follow.

    For me, this means a totally integrated workflow when using the H3D-II cameras with other ACR supported DSLRs and the M8. No more conversions necessary in Phocus when doing weddings.

    Like with C1, Phocus will now be used on an as needed basis ... especially for DAC corrections and color.

    Testing to follow.

    -Marc

  2. #2
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    ACR Release candidate 5.4 has added support for CF, CFV, CFH, H2D, H3D, H3D-II backs including all the multishot versions. Finally!

    5.4 DNG converter is also available for download.

    http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php...w_5.4#Download

    WAHOOO!

    Lightroom is sure to follow.

    For me, this means a totally integrated workflow when using the H3D-II cameras with other ACR supported DSLRs and the M8. No more conversions necessary in Phocus when doing weddings.

    Like with C1, Phocus will now be used on an as needed basis ... especially for DAC corrections and color.

    Testing to follow.

    -Marc
    Sorry Marc, but what do you smoke?

    What about all the lens corrections which are supported in Phocus? They will NOT be supported by Camera Raw xyz in PSxyz or Lightroom

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Sorry Marc, but what do you smoke?

    What about all the lens corrections which are supported in Phocus? They will NOT be supported by Camera Raw xyz in PSxyz or Lightroom
    Don't need them for a fair majority of event and portrait work. I may do a couple of W/A shots with the H3D-II, but most are with the longer lenses ... 100/2.2 and up.

    Plus, I'm a fan of using the Legacy V lenses on my H cameras as well as the CFV use with the 203FE ... which are not addressed in Phocus as far as DAC applications are concerned.

    This will address workflow integration when exercising those non DAC options. I can process any critical DAC needs independantly and import them into the workflow.

    Obviously, for a job with lots of W/A application, I'd opt for Phocus.

    Choice is nice. Didn't have it before without adding the DNG conversion step. Now I do, Wahoo!

    -Marc
    Last edited by fotografz; 22nd May 2009 at 03:29.

  4. #4
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Understand!

    How do the old Hasselblad lenses (V, 203) perform on the H camera? And can you use them on an H3D2?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Does anyone know if they added any functionality to this RC apart from the new supported cameras? Adobe usually sneak a couple of new functions into every new version though often they are obscure. The last RC screwed up my system so I'm not in a rush to upgrade however if there are some useful new functions then I'll do it.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Hi Marc,

    Thanks for the info, that would certainly make life with the CFV easier.

    As far as output from the H3DII is concerned I believe I'll stay with Phocus since
    I use the 28mm a lot. That one really benefits from DAC in Phocus.

    Anyway, good news and hopefully some motivation for Phocus engineers to
    keep up with ACR functionality. After all I got used to Phocus and actually
    like it ;-)

    Regards,
    Ralf


    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Don't need them for a fair majority of event and portrait work. I may do a couple of W/A shots with the H3D-II, but most are with the longer lenses ... 100/2.2 and up.

    Plus, I'm a fan of using the Legacy V lenses on my H cameras as well as the CFV use with the 203FE ... which are not addressed in Phocus as far as DAC applications are concerned.

    This will address workflow integration when exercising those non DAC options. I can process any critical DAC needs independantly and import them into the workflow.

    Obviously, for a job with lots of W/A application, I'd opt for Phocus.

    Choice is nice. Didn't have it before without adding the DNG conversion step. Now I do, Wahoo!

    -Marc

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Awesome news Marc - Thanks for posting - this is a really smart direction Hasselblad is taking - now all they need to do is make Phocus a Plug in for Adobe to include DAC. -

    hahaha - so easy to ask fo rmore just when you got a nice surprise!

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Understand!

    How do the old Hasselblad lenses (V, 203) perform on the H camera? And can you use them on an H3D2?

    Thanks!
    Yep. Any H camera using the CF Adapter ... which preserves auto aperture. The H camera also provides in-viewfinder focus confirmation. All the lenses including the extenders are programed into the firmware, which is automatically triggered when the CF Adapter is installed. The CFE lenses with data bus contacts automatically index the max aperture for metering. The C,CF, and CFi lenses have to be manually inputted using the grip LCD and grip wheels.

    The 40IF, 60/3.5, 100/3.5, 180/4, and all of the APOs produce spectacular results ... Zeiss color, rendering and micro-contrast and all that. I even use the fisheye.

    The F and FE lenses do not work on the H, they are focal plane lenses ... the H system is leaf shutter ... there isn't a focal plane shutter in the camera.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    The only fly in the ointment is that only 3fr files are supported. I have never kept a 3fr file. I always import into Phocus and then chuck the 3fr. Hopefully, fff files will be supported in the future. I would love to be able to see all files in Bridge whether I used ACR or not.

    Cheers,

    Jeff

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    Most of my 3FR files produced in H3DII-31 can NOT be converted. Only about 20% is converted, while others give error messages. I guess it's because of the beta version.

    In any case, I need DAC corrections all the time, which probably will never be possible in the Adobe software, because of proprietory nature.

    Seyhun
    H3DII-31, 5DII, M8, NEX-3 and Camera collection
    http://seyhun.com
    Facebook Page

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Camera RAW 5.4 now supports Hasselblad 3f files

    I had started not saving the .3F files but only the .FFF files. That was a mistake. Fortunately that was a recent change so not too much in the way of a problem if i want to use CS4.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •