The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I know this belongs on the what is on your cube thread but I couldn't resist....

hehehehehehehehe......yes it does keep the new little E-P1 "Pen" solid as a rock :D

I know shooting this at 1600 IS0 :eek: (whoops) is not worthy but I just got home after a long day and didn't look at the camera settings.
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

No worries I was going to post it in the E-P1 thread anyway. It is the B9
The good thing about this plate is if you put the lip (little raised part to the back of the camera, you have enough room to open the battery/card door which is a lifesaver.

I can never find anything and give the right links on their website so here is a screen shot.

View attachment 18998

Hi All

I know we all seem to think the cube is expensive but spend the time to look up what some of the video photographers pay for a first class fluidic head. The very best are the price of a nice new car.

Paul

kdphotography

It's here! It's here! FedEx just delivered my Cube! (Thanks to Chris at Capture Integration!)

The fancy Coach leather case has been replaced by a black corrugated cardboard box. I think I'll live though.....

:thumbup:

Don Libby

It's here! It's here! FedEx just delivered my Cube! (Thanks to Chris at Capture Integration!)

The fancy Coach leather case has been replaced by a black corrugated cardboard box. I think I'll live though.....

My Coach leather is for sale :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Make offer:D

Terry

I especially like the fancy instruction manual that comes with the corrugated box version. :ROTFL:

Did anyone teach you the little trick on the quick release clamp? From the Jack Flesher version of the instruction manual........

"But what most folks don't realize is that after half way, you use your thumb to pull out on the ribbed bar inside the lever to open it fully --- then the jaws are open enough to pull the plate straight off the clamp, so make sure you have a hand on your camera when you do that!" :clap::clap:

kdphotography

I especially like the fancy instruction manual that comes with the corrugated box version. :ROTFL:
Yeah I noticed that too---B&W photocopied and stapled together. I understand those that got the Coach leather treatment received color embossed instruction manuals on linen stationary.... Can I have your copy, Don? :ROTFL:

Paratom

the question is what to do with the 1800€ I saved buying the 410 instead of a cube - should I buy another lens or get the ABS of my R1150GS repaired?

the question is what to do with the 1800€ I saved buying the 410 instead of a cube - should I buy another lens or get the ABS of my R1150GS repaired?

The brakes. Most definitely. Somehow the vision of laying in bed with road rash while gazing at a Cube on a tripod isn't appealing.

Don Libby

Yeah I noticed that too---B&W photocopied and stapled together. I understand those that got the Coach leather treatment received color embossed instruction manuals on linen stationary.... Can I have your copy, Don? :ROTFL:
Mine came on a BlueRay disk. And yes you can have a copy just as soon as i figure out how :ROTFL:

etrigan63

I also recommend a tripod platform. This can be easily constructed by floating a two ton slab of granite in a pool of mercury.
Also, be sure that near major fault zones you do not attempt to make any critically sharp images.
-bob
For those living in Japan, Tokyo Bay can be used as a substitute for the pool of mercury...:D

Paratom

Can you use an arca swiss type plate with your 410?
Frankly I dont know. So far I just have used the plate delievered with the 410.
It is relativly large and I have the feeling it sits there pretty tight.

In the end I cant really say how good the 410 is since I only have used it few times and only with wide angle - i like the handling and it feels pretty solid. I prefer the handling compared to the Gitzo ballhead I have used before. When I got the Artec and wanted to precisly level the camera I felt that I needed a geared head but thought I would first try the "cheap" alternative. I was surprized how good the 410 handles and how solid it feels. SO far I dont feel I need anything else.
I have no doubt the cube is better, however I dont feel I would miss anything.