The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniverisay Special

tashley

Subscriber Member
So, I'm packing my gear and I am laughing pretty hard because in all of my stuff I can't find a pouch that fits the cube :ROTFL::ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Using a lens wrap, which still keeps me well below the Arca price, but the cube really literally is a square peg in a round hole problem :D
A Gucci shoe bag works well....

Terry

Good idea but I will have to slum it with a Prada shoe bag. Although come to think of it I do have shoe bags from Coach and the instruction "manual" does talk about the special coach leather pouch.

Terry

What the cube was not meant to do! Birds and other wildlife that actually moves! :D:D:D

I have at least 16 gig worth of puffins to sort through downloading now....

Terry

Thanks Jack - taking the trek up to go and see the puffins at feeding time is an amazing experience. I've just posted some shots of how we got there on the Greetings from Iceland thread.

Dale - actually what I learned is that puffins have a spike in their tongue and they spike the little eels so that they can carry a lot back to feed to the young. So this is feeding time for the babies. They just are protective of their nests and don't want to reveal where they are going so they will hang out for a bit with dinner!

Don, yes on some of these I was lying flat on the ground with no tripod. But many are at tripod height. Overall we were quite high up. I'm posting shots of how we got there on the "greetings from Iceland" thread.

Dale Allyn

Terry, I figured the heavy feed bag was for the kiddies, but I didn't know about the spiked tongue. Thanks. I learned something... again. :)

tashley

Subscriber Member
Fab Terry, really great - and hope Iceland is as exciting for you as it was for me! Those fish in the Puffin's beak look familiar.... though this one was taken on a rather shakier rig in what I call BC (Before Cube....)

;-)

Tim

etrump

Having already spent way more than my budget on gear this year I just can't justify this expense. I thought I would try the Gitzo geared head and for $165 I am very pleased. I put my RRS pano clamp on the top to complete the package.

Having used it for a few weeks I can really see the advantages of a geared head for landscape work.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here."

Damn ... resistance WAS futile ... my new Cube is somewhere between CI and Vancouver now :D

I'm doing a lot better with resisting the return to a MFDB, thankfully. :ROTFL:

Terry

Just got back from Iceland. Love the cube. The only straightening needed were on my handheld shots. Cube makes life easy however, it isn't exactly light. So when carrying my backpack with and without tripod, there was a pretty big difference in the feeling.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Just got back from Iceland. Love the cube. The only straightening needed were on my handheld shots. Cube makes life easy however, it isn't exactly light. So when carrying my backpack with and without tripod, there was a pretty big difference in the feeling.
WE WANT PICTURES!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: ARCA-SWISS C1 Cube - 85th Anniversary Special

My new CUBE arrived today - woo hoo!

One thing I did notice is that Arca seem to have redesigned the QR significantly compared to the clamp that came with my B1. It still has the fiddly adjuster but seems to have two sets of jaws. Was this one of the new features of the anniversary editiion or has this been shipping for a while? It seems a lot better designed this time and if I'm not mistaken the lever seems a bit more rigid too.

It's a beast isn't it? :thumbs:

Clawery

We will have 6+ Cubes coming in next week and they are not spoken for!! If you would like to reverse one, please give us a call.

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up