Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blimey, new 'Phase look-alikes' with LIVE PREVIEW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Blimey, new 'Phase look-alikes' with LIVE PREVIEW!

True Graham - however before thi scan be done an insolvency /bankruptcy pocedure has to be worked through. I suspect that IF Jenoptic was interested in dong thi s- then thats why we havent heard anything. Administrators and Liquidators have to do they right thing by creditors and maximise teh valure of any liquidation. IF these people believed that there was genuine interest in a this or that asset - then that woudl merely make teh cost of buying all that stuff higher - for the buyers.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

you never know what happens but several companies would have an interest that the Hy6-platform survives, for example Leaf, Sinar, Schneider, Zeiss
    Thats why I personally believe that there will be found a solution. You never know but thats my feeling.

The one thing I dont like is that it takes so long and so quiet. I bet there are many potential Hy6 customers who wait or even decide for alternative products until there is a clear and reliable announcement of the strategy.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Without the Franke&Heidecke piece of the puzzle, I suppose the strategy becomes difficult, and I would guess that it is not allowed to publish news of what is going on in F&H until the insolvency court case is over... I believe that the hearing is on July 1st.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Contax/Sinar EXIF info:

Ben

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, with Hasselblad slowly phasing out a 6X6 camera (the 503CW probably still only exists because of the CFV digital back), it would be a shame to loose the only one left ... the Hy6.

If I had it to do all over, I'd go with a Hy6 (AFi) and the 54 meg Leaf pano sensor that revolves right inside the back. But with that kind of complex workings I'd have to feel very confident about the company and that it'd be around to fix it. I'd want a longer warranty also.

All a pipe dream for me, I couldn't afford all that stuff AND the mondo expensive Rollei AF lenses. Along with the retail price drops came plummeting resale values for existing gear so you can't recover enough of your investment to re-invest it in the newer technology.

Love the one you're with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You would love it Marc. i also believe that the Sinar rotating back is just as good a system - less complicated and just as elegant in use. I never thought I'd use the rotation as much as I do. The two outstanding features of the Hy6 / Afi in my book are the magnificent waist level finder ( better than HC ) and AE still works using WLF. Second feature I love is the rotating back.

Quite a few fiddly camera buttons switches and dials- sometimes a tad finicky - but always retro sexy to look at. A great camera to hand hold if you are shooting studio with strobe or just walking around in fat light.

The Sinar software Exposure doesnt have teh smick 'look' of C1 or Phocus - but it delivers outstanding IQ from the Sinar files in elegant and simple fashion.

A very very under rated working system - I wonder how many forum members shoot Hy6/Afi here?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Blimey, new 'Phase look-alikes' with LIVE PREVIEW!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I wonder how many forum members shoot Hy6/Afi here?
    I do

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A very very under rated working system - I wonder how many forum members shoot Hy6/Afi here?
    Me too and am quite happy with both the kit and the service I've needed. The eXposure software could be improved but but it does the conversions nicely. The camera firmware could also use an update, but these are minor nits and don't affect the overall experience. My only real regret is that I didn't buy mine at today's distressed prices but I suspect I'm not alone in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

well thats three of us! -

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Blimey, new 'Phase look-alikes' with LIVE PREVIEW!

well thats three of us! -
    make that four

guymay

gday from australia can u point me in the best direction ,i have h1 i want a dig back 39mp what is my cheqapest best option s/hand ok thanks a thousand! guy

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guymay View Post
    gday from australia can u point me in the best direction ,i have h1 i want a dig back 39mp what is my cheqapest best option s/hand ok thanks a thousand! guy
    The Sinar e75 is the best deal at the moment. 33 MP, 3 year warranty, good ISO 800 performance, €7500 (new).