The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's Here!

robertwright

looks great-slideshowpro and thumbgrid-works for me too! If you don't have the Director back end I would strongly recommend it.

oh...and beautiful work...when I was begining assisting I carried some cases too and gelled fluorescent ceiling fixtures for Robert Burley in toronto..good times:D

robertwright

but you still have to sweep the carpets all one direction?:)

Bob had a case with "only" cleaning supplies...as big as all the others. that was my job too. Plus taking personal items off desks and remembering where they all went. Fun times at 4am in an office interior...

as I remember sometimes we could get away with not gelling the fluorescent fixtures if it was a sconce light, an accent, we would flick the light on for only part of the exposure and it would register and not burn out, and the colour was acceptable.

...all the magic tricks are now in the computer I guess.

eleanorbrown

Chris I'm usually not into architectural work but your work is outstanding!!! and your website is one of the best I've seen! Well done. do you have a firm delivery date on your 65+ yet? I've been given a "soft" delivery date for my 65 of June 25, but no firm for sure delivery date. Eleanor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris,

Agreed, your website is very nice and your images are outstanding!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks Guys, and no, Eleanor I haven't been given any dates (soft or otherwise). I did demo Kevin Raber's (Phase US VP) P65+ shortly before ordering mine and he said that they hoped to have backlogs at one week in about a week. I figure it would be about two weeks.... Actually I'm quite certain it will arrive on the 22nd since we're leaving for St Maarten on the 21st... : ) Fortunately, my dealer gave me a P45+ loaner in the meantime.

D

DougDolde

Chris you didn't respond to the Slideshow Pro comment. I'm wondering if your site really uses it or something else. FWIW I use Slideshow Pro myself and love it.

Hey Doug,

I don't really know. I do believe my designer was using some plugin with the flash bit to present the images. When I update it, I just have to put the images in the right folder and update an XTML page. That sound familiar? The mechanics of your slideshow do feel a lot like mine.

-C

sinwen

Chris , your site is well made and your photography.... professional, I like it.
In your "about" section you express being very satisfied with this architectural photography and I believe the reasons you give can be found on a very similar way into lanscape, studio or composition photography but how much I share that, I would say it is somewhere very pleasing. As for the few pictures taken a day, I understand that so well too, I never finish a film in my Hassy A12 back in one day, what to say of few hundred taken in a week end even for street shooting, I am just unable to do that.

D

DougDolde

Well I think you can pretty much do everything in Flash without Slideshow Pro which seems just to make it easier if one isn't too Flash fluent. I couldn't do mine just with Flash cause I don't know enough at this point.

Slideshow Pro has a hosting service called Director which serves basically to manage your online images. It's pretty slick. If your site does use Slideshow Pro and you aren't using Director, you are missing it's ease and organizational power.