The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar e75LV now €7500

I have just arrived to my hotel in Zurich from Sinar factory. I collected our two eMotion 75LV backs, Sinar upgraded our backs to the new display and internal electronics. Five days ago I bought a spare Sinar-m body, from Calumet stock they were selling on eBay .
Now I feel that we will be OK for at least two years. Than we will see who is in, and who is out....IMO storm did not passed yet.
Yevgeny

A

Alexander Bauer

if I may ask Yevgeny, how much did the upgrade cost for two eMotion 75LV backs with the new display and internal electronics and how long it took to get them ready for pick up?

the upgrades are normaly done by dealers: you drop your back there and they send the back to Germany ( not to Switzerland). Than they make a calculation of additional costs ( like the cover glass on the sensor, if damaged; or FireWire port etc). If you agree with the price they proceed. My Russian dealer was unwilling and unable to deal with the customs matters and I had to do all the logistics myself. The Europe Rep of Sinar arranged my visit to the factory, I paid for the upgrades and some items I bought by card there, at the factory. Sinar may ask you to pay in advance. They are very easy to deal with and very honest. And it was not my first shopping trip to Sinar and It was good to see the familiar faces and I had lunch with some Sinar peope I met before.
Yevgeny

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
My Russian dealer was unwilling and unable to deal with the customs matters and I had to do all the logistics myself.
Yevgeny
I think that by not being willing to "deal" with the logistics of serving you as a customer that makes them, by definition, not a "dealer".

I just don't understand dealers who give poor customer service. How do they stay in business??

carstenw

Evgeny, the web shop is being moved to the sinar.ch website. The strato site was for the German distributor.

Stuart Richardson

I think that by not being willing to "deal" with the logistics of serving you as a customer that makes them, by definition, not a "dealer".

I just don't understand dealers who give poor customer service. How do they stay in business??
They stay in business because of the old model where consumers cannot buy their goods directly from the producers. In this day and age, customers and producers in many different fields would be much better served if we could just buy things directly. Most dealers are an impediment to the transaction between customer and producer -- they offer very little help or information that is not immediately available from the manufacturers website (often much less in fact), and more often then not they do not stock the product so they have to order from the factory anyway. I bet if the consumer could just buy it direct from the factory at the dealer's cost, 98% of people would buy that way. They are in touch directly with the people who make the product, and it is given to them for the best possible price since there is no middleman. These days with express shipping, the internet and modern communications, the model using large dealers and distributors is an anachronism. I am not saying it should be completely dismantled, but I think customers should get what they pay for -- added service, access to in-stock items, and experienced help. If they don't get that, why can't they just buy it direct?

The exceptions to this are people like you and the other boutique dealers who actually are very knowledgeable, helpful and willing to stock important items. Most just want to charge you for the product they bought for half the price and then move on to the next sale.