Site Sponsors

Thread: Sinar e75LV now €7500

Post Thanks / Like

Sinar e75LV now €7500

Just noticed that Sinar seems to be offering a special deal until the end of the month - a Sinar e75LV for €7500. Add an adapter of your choice and you're looking at low to mid 8K for a 33MP back with live view, good ISO 800 performance (remember Thierry's thread?) plus 3 year warranty. Sounds like a heck of a deal!

https://shop.strato.de/epages/154932...sinarback_em75

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sinar e75LV now €7500

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post
    Just noticed that Sinar seems to be offering a special deal until the end of the month - a Sinar e75LV for €7500. Add an adapter of your choice and you're looking at low to mid 8K for a 33MP back with live view, good ISO 800 performance (remember Thierry's thread?) plus 3 year warranty. Sounds like a heck of a deal!
    I'm not sure if this is a Sinar thing, I2O in the UK haven't changed their prices.
    ...and does the German site not say this is including a camera adapter, or are the web translators I'm using up to their normal standard?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, an adapter is included in this deal:

The deal is on until the 30th of June.
    Carsten - Website

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

this deal has been up for some time as well as a "nice" deal for an Artec with an e75LV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My, how things have changed! This is about 1/3rd of what it cost before, right?
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Richardson View Post
    My, how things have changed! This is about 1/3rd of what it cost before, right?
    I'd rather not think about it

Alexander Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by foto-z View Post

very nice with P3 camera also but I would be interested if they would let me choose hy6 with Sinar e75LV instead.

why not?

Graham do you think it's possible?

Alexander Bauer

how many guys work here with sinar software?

upgrades?

no upgrades?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Bauer View Post
    how many guys work here with sinar software?

upgrades?

no upgrades?
    I do,
    last upgrade Sinar Exposure was end of April 09, last upgrade Capture Shop End of March 09, last upgrade Sinar backs end of march 09, last Firmware Hy6 Dec 2008. The good think is you dont have to send in the camera -just-just log in at SInar website, download Firmware and install it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Sinar eXposure daily. It's great, easy to use and intuitive. Doesn't have all of the features of other RAW software but it is steadily improving.

Ben

Alexander Bauer

thanks guys

if they let me have hy6 instead of p3 I'll go for it

do I need any custom adapter to use Sinar e75LV on my Ebony 4x5 camera or is there one already on the market?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, great price, although not sure how this company will continue.

But definitely a very interesting option to go MF digital

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yeah Peter, with the recent develpoments, I'd be suspicious to say the least. Others might see that rather an opportunity though.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post

Peter, have you heard anything negative about Sinar-business besides the fact that F&H, which produce one of the Sinar products (Hy6) have filed insolvency?
    Last edited by Paratom; 18th June 2009 at 05:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    Peter, have you heard anything negative about Sinar-business besides the fact that F&H, which produce one of the Sinar products (Hy6) have filed insolvency?
    yes indeed - I'd like to know too....

Personally I am worried about Phase One..they are showing all the signs of a company about to go into Chapter 11. I asked the tea lady - and she read the tea leaves for me .."Phase One?" I asked..."oh ..dear" she said..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    yes indeed - I'd like to know too....

Personally I am worried about Phase One..they are showing all the signs of a company about to go into Chapter 11. I asked the tea lady - and she read the tea leaves for me .."Phase One?" I asked..."oh ..dear" she said..

Well, maybe you should check your "signs" a little more thoroughly, Peter.

Phase One has been a profitable company for many years back, including 2008, and including 2009.

We have brand new, industry leading products that we can't ship enough of to satisfy demand, that offer technology our competitors don't, we occupy the leading market share position - as we have for years - and recently committed a major financial investment into another company (Mamiya) giving us control over much of that company.

I don't know about you, but the signs I see paint a very different picture.

Maybe try a new tea lady...

Steve Hendrix
    Phase One

Post Thanks / Like

Better Yet...... Just switch to coffee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for sharing all that Steve - but you are kind of off topic don't you think?

the topic is:

hey Peter - what bad things have you heard about Sinar to make you 'concerned'..

so look if you have a view about Sinar apparent imminent demise - please share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post

Steve - here in case you havent bothered to follow the thread..Peter isnt sure hwo this company is going to continue..

some of us just want to knwo what he knows that we dont ..

maybe you can help hmm?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Thanks for sharing all that Steve - but you are kind of off topic don't you think?

the topic is:

hey Peter - what bad things have you heard about Sinar to make you 'concerned'..

so look if you have a view about Sinar apparent imminent demise - please share.

Ummmm....well you brought it up Peter.

As far as Sinar goes, I haven't heard anything, and I really try to not involve myself with news of our competitors. I don't think it's appropriate.

News about Phase One - that's another matter.

Steve Hendrix
    Phase One

Post Thanks / Like

I have just arrived to my hotel in Zurich from Sinar factory. I collected our two eMotion 75LV backs, Sinar upgraded our backs to the new display and internal electronics. Five days ago I bought a spare Sinar-m body, from Calumet stock they were selling on eBay .
    Now I feel that we will be OK for at least two years. Than we will see who is in, and who is out....IMO storm did not passed yet.
    Yevgeny

Alexander Bauer

if I may ask Yevgeny, how much did the upgrade cost for two eMotion 75LV backs with the new display and internal electronics and how long it took to get them ready for pick up?

Post Thanks / Like

4 weeks , 3000 euro each. Shall be faster if you are based in Europe.

Alexander Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by Yevgeny NP View Post
    4 weeks , 3000 euro each. Shall be faster if you are based in Europe.
    thanks

anybody particular I can talk to because I can drive down to zurich in 3 hours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Bauer View Post
    thanks

anybody particular I can talk to because I can drive down to zurich in 3 hours?
    Just so you know, Sinar is not in Zόrich itself, but in Feuerthalen (not far away).

There is a phone number on the Sinar website.

Post Thanks / Like

the upgrades are normaly done by dealers: you drop your back there and they send the back to Germany ( not to Switzerland). Than they make a calculation of additional costs ( like the cover glass on the sensor, if damaged; or FireWire port etc). If you agree with the price they proceed. My Russian dealer was unwilling and unable to deal with the customs matters and I had to do all the logistics myself. The Europe Rep of Sinar arranged my visit to the factory, I paid for the upgrades and some items I bought by card there, at the factory. Sinar may ask you to pay in advance. They are very easy to deal with and very honest. And it was not my first shopping trip to Sinar and It was good to see the familiar faces and I had lunch with some Sinar peope I met before.
    Yevgeny

Post Thanks / Like

https://shop.strato.de

Do you see this too: "This online shop is temporary closed. Thank you for your understanding."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yevgeny NP View Post
    My Russian dealer was unwilling and unable to deal with the customs matters and I had to do all the logistics myself.
    Yevgeny
    I think that by not being willing to "deal" with the logistics of serving you as a customer that makes them, by definition, not a "dealer".

I just don't understand dealers who give poor customer service. How do they stay in business??

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Evgeny, the web shop is being moved to the sinar.ch website. The strato site was for the German distributor.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    I think that by not being willing to "deal" with the logistics of serving you as a customer that makes them, by definition, not a "dealer".

I just don't understand dealers who give poor customer service. How do they stay in business??
    They stay in business because of the old model where consumers cannot buy their goods directly from the producers. In this day and age, customers and producers in many different fields would be much better served if we could just buy things directly. Most dealers are an impediment to the transaction between customer and producer -- they offer very little help or information that is not immediately available from the manufacturers website (often much less in fact), and more often then not they do not stock the product so they have to order from the factory anyway. I bet if the consumer could just buy it direct from the factory at the dealer's cost, 98% of people would buy that way. They are in touch directly with the people who make the product, and it is given to them for the best possible price since there is no middleman. These days with express shipping, the internet and modern communications, the model using large dealers and distributors is an anachronism. I am not saying it should be completely dismantled, but I think customers should get what they pay for -- added service, access to in-stock items, and experienced help. If they don't get that, why can't they just buy it direct?

The exceptions to this are people like you and the other boutique dealers who actually are very knowledgeable, helpful and willing to stock important items. Most just want to charge you for the product they bought for half the price and then move on to the next sale.
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook