The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Biting the bullet - the Cube

tashley

Subscriber Member
Sigh, this is SO your fault (by which I mean everyone on here)...

I just ordered the Cube for delivery tomorrow. From Robert White in the UK who had a great deal, being the anniversary edition priced bagless Cube plus a spare and very cheap bag they had in stock. Total price is £1,403 including all taxes versus £1,673 if I had bought the regular package.

So you see, I am really just doing this to save money. Really.

;-)

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Tim,

If the one you get works perfectly, you are welcome. If OTOH you happen to get a dog, then blame Don! :ROTFL:

(Sorry, couldn't resist -- and I seriously hope you don't get a dog! :eek:)

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim,

If the one you get works perfectly, you are welcome. If OTOH you happen to get a dog, then blame Don! :ROTFL:

C'mon Jack, you know me! I run the local dog pound!

:ROTFL:

Don Libby

Tim,

If it doesn't work I'll give you Jack's private unlisted phone number:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, Crap, I forgot you had that! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Tim, I remain confident you will get a good copy! :thumbs:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Just a gentle reminder here..

RESISTANCE IS FUTAL YOU WILL BE ASSUMLATED

:cry:
I have been already. The Dark Cubic Lord is now my master. All I need now is a camera plate so I can use the damned thing! And I am so glad I got the cheap bag too - it is a wondrous thing!

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
:eek: 1850 euro ex VAT.... this is as much as I payed for my Alpha 900.... :bugeyes:

Triple Wow, serious congratulations Tim! :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tim,
Now that you are a cubist, one of your tasks, no your sacred duty, is to assimilate the un-assimilated.
Georg, are you next?
-bob

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim,
Now that you are a cubist, one of your tasks, no your sacred duty, is to assimilate the un-assimilated.
Georg, are you next?
-bob
I.....will.... though actually at first shot the cube, though a thing of wonder, is no more useful to me than my 'frotto geared head. I expect this opinion to change when I get a plate that actually lets me mount a camera on it!

Rethmeier

Shot with the Multiflex(PhotoClam) yesterday.
At $925 USD I couldn't fault it and I don't think the Cube at 1651 Euros would have done a better job.
Because it's a copy of the Cube,it doesn't have to be bad.
Would I have bought the real thing?
Of course,but only if the price was $925,even that is a lot of money.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
<spinning prayer wheels at 2800 rpm, mumbling> I WILL NOT BUY THE CUBE.... I WILL NOT BUY THE CUBE....<beating back with a thorn bush stick> I WILL NOT BUY THE CUBE.... I WILL NOT....

<evil voices whispering in head ....>:talk028: you wantssssssss it.... preciousssssss, you wantsssss it....:talk028:
;)