The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 39mp CFV back

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The CFV-39 is shipped to me , but has not arrived yet .
I will hopefully have my first shootings on saturday .

Jürgen

E

espressogeek

The price for this back is fantastic but how does Hasselblad justify keeping their CFII 39mp back so much more expensive?

carstenw

If they make the CFII too cheap, they might sell more H2F+CFII kits than H3DII kits, which would be problematic for their chosen direction. IMO ultimately the customer decides what they want anyway. If Hasselblad doesn't give people what they want at a good price, people will go elsewhere, and I think this is why Phase One is so strong.

E

espressogeek

Fair enough of a comment. I have a P21 today and it appears to work with finders that this back can't accommodate.

I do have a question that is half way off topic. I have a Hasselblad brightscreen in my 501c and a waist level finder. I used to use the PM90 finder. Do you guys think with a finder with more magnification and a top of the range accutematte that I could learn to focus relatively quickly? I could focus with my Nikon FE all day long but I can't focus in a timely manner to save my life with this thing. I would be interested in keeping my Hasselbald if this sounds feasible.

BradleyGibson

What makes focusing slower on the Hasselblad? Is it the throw of the lens, or the screen isn't crisp for you?

FWIW, I do find it easier to focus with the RM-2 (3x magnification) than I do with the PM-51 (2x magnification), using the same screen and same lens.

-Brad

T

tetsrfun

I used to use the PM90 finder. Do you guys think with a finder with more magnification and a top of the range accutematte that I could learn to focus relatively quickly?
An Acute-Matte D screen should make a big difference. The micro prism/split image (42215) is easy to focus even with low mag. PM prism. The WLF mag is 4.5, the highest mag prism finder is the HC-3 at 4 x.

Steve