The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 39mp CFV back

Uaiomex

Fingers crossed. No, not for the price. If high it eventually will come down. The thing is, possibly there is no provision to turn the back to switch from horizontal to vertical. I truly hope my fear is unfounded. This doubt is killing me.
Eduardo

Paratom

Fingers crossed. No, not for the price. If high it eventually will come down. The thing is, possibly there is no provision to turn the back to switch from horizontal to vertical. I truly hope my fear is unfounded. This doubt is killing me.
Eduardo
I dont believe that you can rotate it.
But hey, you can allways shoot square in the size as before with more MP and then you have the wide angle capability for landscape orientation. I really thin its cool that hasselblad continues to support the V-System with those backs.

robertwright

the prism allows you to shoot vertically at least. waist level not so much.

does anyone know if phocus lets you apply digital lens corrections manually to non-cfi lenses?

atanabe

Hmmmm, not recommended for the SWC and ARC body due to lens incompatibility. ISO 800 so that must mean micro lenses? Thoughts? It is nice to have an upgrade path . . . if it weren't so painful on the wallet! I think I will hold onto my old CFV which does work well with my SWC (great walk around P&S).

atanabe

Thomas is correct, no micro lenses.
So they are most likely setting expectations that short lens to sensor distance might not provide the best detail at the edges. They have a similar statement for the CFV (square) that the edges may not be the best resolution.

Nick-T

does anyone know if phocus lets you apply digital lens corrections manually to non-cfi lenses?
Yes it does!
The zeiss corrections are very good and should shut up all those who claimed that the zeiss lenses were better than the HC lenses because the HC glass "relied" on corrections.
Nick-T

carstenw

Wow, finally! Sadly, I just bought my first back (or not so sadly, I am really enjoying it, and I cannot imagine that this back would be able to approach mine in price). This is definitely an item for my wishlist though. I would love to use this on my old 2000FC/M!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
That looks like an excellent offering. I still have a nice black paint 503 and 4 lenses plus a box of accessories. I also read (for the processing wimps) that LR 2.4 can now read the hasselblad raw files.

The price needs to be below $15K to get interest otherwise why not look for the other HB deals.

atanabe

That looks like an excellent offering. I still have a nice black paint 503 and 4 lenses plus a box of accessories. I also read (for the processing wimps) that LR 2.4 can now read the hasselblad raw files.

The price needs to be below $15K to get interest otherwise why not look for the other HB deals.
Roger,
I agree that the price point needs to be below the $15K to be in the running. Currently Hasselblad USA is selling refurb CFVs for $5400 which is a great deal for a lot of people like yourself that have a closet full of Hasseys. I have been enjoying the quality of images from my 16 mpx CFV back and would have to see a full frame square to get me to change. I really enjoy the square format and in my mind's eye a rectangular format belongs on a 35.

BTW LR 2.4 and Aperture 2.1.3 both support the 3fr raw format. I feel that the Phocus software still processes the files the best though. My main gripe is the speed that Phocus processes the files.

Al

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Neither the sensor nor the back rotates! I'm so mad I can't write about it again. Please go to post No.10 of this thread. http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35903&st=0&gopid=294564&#entry294564
Unbelievable!!!
Eduardo
Eduardo

I can understand , that for your type of work , a vertical format is important , and that you are therefore disappointed .

For my work , which is mostly square and some landscape type images , but only very very few vertical , the CFV-39 is what i am looking for , as I do believe , that there will be no bigger square sensor in the near future .
I have given up hope for a bigger square sensor .
So the CFV-39 came just in time . (for me)
I ordered one today . Delivery will be in August (hopefully)

The price here in Germany will be 10.000 € + VAT.

So this is true again : Horses of courses .

Regards Jürgen

Uaiomex

Well, Jurgen, what can I say? If it fits you, buy it. Congratulations. Wouldn't you be better set with a P45 that rotates any way you want and gives 39mp with a 1:1 crop ALWAYS?
A used mint P45 now goes for 12K usd, probably less. Wish I had that money saved.
Truly yours
Eduardo