The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For the Alpa fans...

O

Optechs Digital

Hi Gang,

We have several new videos on various aspects of the Alpa. I think many will find the Tilt and Swing adapter video quite interesting since this product is not widely known about yet.

We hope you enjoy watching and welcome your comments and thoughts.

You can view them here:

http://www.youtube.com/OptechsDigital

or here:

www.optechsdigital.com

Best Regards,
Paul

Don Libby

Paul - once again great video and thanks for sharing. This brought up a couple thoughts - it appears that no matter the manufacture any tilt/shift/rotation requires a major expense in new lenses with either short barrel replacements or new lens board replacements. Either way there's more expense involved than just the adaptor no matter the make.

One comment regarding a comment made in the video on post card(?) image where the flowers and distant mountains are all in focused and the need of tilt. You might also be able to achieve the very same effect using layer or Helicon focusing.

I would have liked to see more of the tilt/swing in actual use and maybe a couple of image samples?

Just my 2¢ worth..

Don

I'll admit the Alpa is a sexy looking thing and that's coming from a WRS lover!:p

O

Optechs Digital

Paul - once again great video and thanks for sharing. This brought up a couple thoughts - it appears that no matter the manufacture any tilt/shift/rotation requires a major expense in new lenses with either short barrel replacements or new lens board replacements. Either way there's more expense involved than just the adaptor no matter the make.

One comment regarding a comment made in the video on post card(?) image where the flowers and distant mountains are all in focused and the need of tilt. You might also be able to achieve the very same effect using layer or Helicon focusing.

I would have liked to see more of the tilt/swing in actual use and maybe a couple of image samples?

Just my 2¢ worth..

Don

I'll admit the Alpa is a sexy looking thing and that's coming from a WRS lover!:p
Thanks Don,

You are 100% correct about the Helicon solution. I am kind of a traditional hardware guy and sometimes it is hard to admit that software is capable of great results but it is clearly true.

We are planning an additional video using the Tilt/Swing adapter in practice and showing some images. But even short videos take quite a bit of effort to produce.

Thank you for watching and your input is very much appreciated.

Paul

Mike M

Hi Paul. I'm a long time lurker in this forum and finally decided to join just to say thanks for uploading all the wonderful alpa videos. I've been very interested in Alpa for commercial work, but information is limited and their website is confusing :eek: It's great to see the cameras and accessories demonstrated in real life scenarios. Thanks again

O

Optechs Digital

Thanks for the kind words Mike,

I am glad you enjoyed the videos.

Best Regards,
Paul

woodyspedden

Paul

I wonder why Alpa didn't produce an adapter, somewhat like the newly introduced Cambo, that allow both tilts and swings without reorientation , and available simultaneously.

Woody Spedden

O

Optechs Digital

Paul

I wonder why Alpa didn't produce an adapter, somewhat like the newly introduced Cambo, that allow both tilts and swings without reorientation , and available simultaneously.

Woody Spedden
Hi Woody,

I can't speak for Alpa, but it is my belief that their design approach is to take the most mechanically precise, reliable and repeatable solution that is versatile and adaptable within the system. I think this piece achieves that goal very nicely.

This is not to say that there are not other solutions to the issue and I look forward to hearing what users think about the Cambo product when it hits the streets.

The great thing to me is that these products are being developed and made available to photographers by small companies that clearly take pride in their products and are interested in the needs of users.

Best,
Paul