The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Reading Lens meta or exif data from Mamiya

Paul2660

Is there a way to read the actual lens used with a Phase One/Mamiya lens combination.

I need to know if I used the 55-110 or just the 55mm lens. All I get in Capture one 4.x or 3.7.8 is that 55mm was used.

Trying to test both lenses and didn't realize that you couldn't see the actual lens info, just focal length.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Don Libby

Paul - I'm no expert with C1 however I believe it can only read the focal length used at the time and not the range.

I'm sure others with far more knowledge will chime in shortly.

Don

Don Libby

Just did a fast and very unscientific test using CS4 Bridge and a couple images on my laptop. The result was that the only time I could see both the focal length and specific lens used was for my Canon shots, none of my older Mamiya AFD and P45+ shots showed the lens used.

Looks unlikely that I'm wrong - but then again ...

Don

Paul2660

Thanks guys,

I believe you are correct, should have figured that out.
Basic stuff, that should be recorded, but is left out.

I also tried a few of the Exif readers that will see raw files
and they don't see a lens type either, so Mamiya/Phase
didn't communicate on that one.

I am spoiled by Canon, Nikon Lecia, Olympus, Pentax, Fuji, etc.
at having that info available.

Paul Caldwell