The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RZ67 Adapter Plate Question

C

cporfirio

Hi SergeiR,

Thanks for the reply... i'm figuring more with time... but i still have some doubts... sorry :)

So i can buy the phase one adapter with the "V" mount so i can use with the RZ67 pro ii system,

But what kind of back do i need? with a hasselblad mount, right? i mean, there'as lot of Phase one backs, but i dont know beside the mpixels, wich one has the correct mount to the rz67 pro ii (non D) system.

I see some secondhand digital back's available with these descriptions, like:

Phase One P30 H101
Phase One H101 digital back hasselblad H fit (but this should be "V" mount?)
Phase One P45 H101
PhaseOne P30 Digital Camera Back 32MP - for Phase one 1 Mamiya AFD
Phase One Digital Back P21 H101
Phase One P 45+ H 101 Digital Back

and so on...

Can you please help me :)

stephengilbert

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If you contact a good dealer (two are present on this forum including ours: Digital Transitions) then you won't have to hassle through figuring out the mounts/compatibilities/support of various backs. The price is often very competitive to a support-less user-to-user sale.

C

cporfirio

Thanks Stephen & Doug!!!

I starting to have my ideas more clear... i heard that it would be better for me to have a mamiya AFD mount, once it's easier and no need of extra cables.. on the other hand, i think that it would force me to change my rz67 pro ii to a rz67 pro iiD (the digital one), am i correct?

All the best for you all!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Sort of. Again the picture is complicated and a good dealer will save a lot of hassle on your end.

An M mount Phase One P20/21/25/30/45 or P20+/21+/25+/30+/45+ must have an RZ Pro IID in order to fire without separate wakeup.

An M mount P40+ or P65+ or any Leaf Aptus back could be used on an RZ Pro II non D with an M mount adapter; however you'll need the right one as the normal one does not mount physically without modification at a Mamiya service center.

yaya

For the PROII (non D) if you decide to go for an M mount (M for Mamiya 645 AFD) you have two basic options:

Mamiya HX705 adapter: can be used with ANY Leaf back in M mount (Aptus and Credo) and also with Phase One P40+, P65+ and IQ. This adapter requires 1 lens-to-back sync cable

Leaf adapter: works with ANY Leaf Aptus M back without any modification. It comes with all the cables and marked focusing screen

Both adapters allow you to rotate the back

We also make RZ adapters for V, H and AFi/ Hy6 backs

Martim or Carlos at Ibermagem can help you with further local advice

BR

yair

MrDen

Wrong.
You can use a P40+ with a HX701, i did, with no problem...
I don't get the point with that HX705, the 701 make the moove.

yaya

Wrong.
You can use a P40+ with a HX701, i did, with no problem...
I don't get the point with that HX705, the 701 make the moove.

Welcome on board!
My advice to you as a newbie would be to look at the dates of posts you reply to...

BR
Yair

THOMKARAN

For the PROII (non D) if you decide to go for an M mount (M for Mamiya 645 AFD) you have two basic options:

Mamiya HX705 adapter: can be used with ANY Leaf back in M mount (Aptus and Credo) and also with Phase One P40+, P65+ and IQ. This adapter requires 1 lens-to-back sync cable

Leaf adapter: works with ANY Leaf Aptus M back without any modification. It comes with all the cables and marked focusing screen

Both adapters allow you to rotate the back

We also make RZ adapters for V, H and AFi/ Hy6 backs

Martim or Carlos at Ibermagem can help you with further local advice

BR

yair
Hello Yair

maybe my message gets you back many years.

My question is about the leaf adapters.

It seems that every aptus back was matching with a specific leaf adapter, depending on the sensor size of the digital back if I am not mistaken?

I have found a leaf aptus 75 attached to an RZ pro body. It is for sale and for the moment I have seen only pictures. The seller is an old photographer and he doesnt know further info about the adapter and the digital back mount type.
_9AD0821 (2).jpg
By checking the photo I realise that it seems like a leaf adapter. The cables also match.
Do you recognize it? Am I correct?
If this is a leaf adapter, will this adapter be able to work with leaf credo backs and phase one backs of the same or smaller sensor size?
Is this digital back supposed to be an M mount if this is the leaf adapter? If yes, I suppose the digital back can be used with a HX701 adapter?
In your answers you are reffering to an installation guide of the leaf adapters. DO you have any further guides/brochures for these leaf adapters which you can share?

Sorry for these many questions,
I thank you very much in advance!

yaya

Hello Yair

maybe my message gets you back many years.

My question is about the leaf adapters.

It seems that every aptus back was matching with a specific leaf adapter, depending on the sensor size of the digital back if I am not mistaken?

I have found a leaf aptus 75 attached to an RZ pro body. It is for sale and for the moment I have seen only pictures. The seller is an old photographer and he doesnt know further info about the adapter and the digital back mount type.
View attachment 150554
By checking the photo I realise that it seems like a leaf adapter. The cables also match.
Do you recognize it? Am I correct?
If this is a leaf adapter, will this adapter be able to work with leaf credo backs and phase one backs of the same or smaller sensor size?
Is this digital back supposed to be an M mount if this is the leaf adapter? If yes, I suppose the digital back can be used with a HX701 adapter?
In your answers you are reffering to an installation guide of the leaf adapters. DO you have any further guides/brochures for these leaf adapters which you can share?

Sorry for these many questions,
I thank you very much in advance!
Yes that's a Leaf adapter.
If the back is an Aptus 75 (48x36mm sensor) and the adapter was supplied at the same time as the back, then chances are that the "hole" in the adapter will be too small for larger sensors. We modified the design when the Aptus-II 10 came out in 2008 and made the hole bigger. The back in the photo is indeed in M mount. This adapter works with Aptus/ Aptus-II backs but for Credo or P+/ IQ backs you'll have to modify it: The left side of the interface has a straight edge like the Aptus, whereas the Credo and older Phase One backs have got an edge that follows the contour of the DF/DF+ bodies. It can be modified with a dremel though...

You can see the adapter (later model with the bigger hole) here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article?articleid=2130&languageid=1 item number was 500-09138C

For Credo and IQ you'll need something that looks like the last on on that page. and you can see more on https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article?articleid=1123&languageid=1

Hope this helps

BR

Yair

PSon

As a Leaf user, I always gratefully appreciate the kind support that Yair provided all these years and even now. We are very lucky to have you facilitating the process for us. Thank You Yair.

THOMKARAN

Yes that's a Leaf adapter.
If the back is an Aptus 75 (48x36mm sensor) and the adapter was supplied at the same time as the back, then chances are that the "hole" in the adapter will be too small for larger sensors. We modified the design when the Aptus-II 10 came out in 2008 and made the hole bigger. The back in the photo is indeed in M mount. This adapter works with Aptus/ Aptus-II backs but for Credo or P+/ IQ backs you'll have to modify it: The left side of the interface has a straight edge like the Aptus, whereas the Credo and older Phase One backs have got an edge that follows the contour of the DF/DF+ bodies. It can be modified with a dremel though...

You can see the adapter (later model with the bigger hole) here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article?articleid=2130&languageid=1 item number was 500-09138C

For Credo and IQ you'll need something that looks like the last on on that page. and you can see more on https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article?articleid=1123&languageid=1

Hope this helps

BR

Yair
I just saw your message Yair and I really appreciate receiving this info .
Comparing the sensor of the aptus 75 and the size of the hole(see attached image) I assume it is the modified adapter for bigger than 48x36 sensors .
Hearing that this adapter can be modified and work with credo and phase one backs as well is very good news!

thanks again very much for these rare info and linksIMG_20201017_205541.jpg!

Best regards

robdeszan

Hey, I would not recommend using a V-mount (hasselblad mount as well, but the classic 6x6) on a pro ii (d) as it requires two cables and I believe is non rotating. Definitely try to find a Mamiya 645 mount and hx701 adapter.