The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official USA Pricing for Leica S2

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't that the debate here? The S2 ships with Lightroom, and there are those who think it lessens the value of the S2 (i.e., price related) because it supposedly will not work with C-1.

We haven't even seen a RAW file from this camera yet, nor anything from Lightroom regarding the S2. :wtf:
Fine if you wish, but it sems a bit like thread drift to me, but that is not all that unusual ;)

fotografz

Let's try to stay on track folks and not kick up too much sand.:)
Aye, aye Captain.

It's a waste of band width anyway.

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

I'd get the S2 in a heart beat if I could afford it. Perfect solution for me at this time and place in my career.

A M9 will have to do :thumbs:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if money were no object, I would be buying it all LOL
I am a gear addict in the extreme.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Raw processors seem to be more personal preferences than anything and it is what it is. The S2 comes with LR. Something us C1 folks have to deal with if we go down this route. Now if we could see the files than case closed but we won;t know that until we get our hands on some files. Something we can debate for sure if that is the case.

What we need to figure is this fits our style and our budgets and that is certainly a tall order for some , including me. I just don't have the money right now and regardless would it be worth the change. Us existing MF shooters are sitting on a bunch of very much depreciated gear and gut wrenching sales numbers on it. Just hurts even thinking about it.

Just hope you all know I am working on it very hard to get a S2 in my hands and I will not be denied.:D

Guy Mancuso

Yea the Powerball went off for 230 million and someone from South Carolina won. Did not make me happy , I had plans.LOL

fotografz

If it gets up that high again we should pool our buying power ... and if the group hits we all get a S2 system :thumbup:

stephengilbert

"If it gets up that high again we should pool our buying power." Great, that would up our chances of winning to one in a hundred million. :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
@Marc

Did by no means want to offend you or anything else. Just I have a different opinion. Do also not want to proof any SW being better or not here in the forum. Just think this is a waste of time. So let's keep it like that - everybody stays with the products he/she prefers and can best afford and use for their work -OK?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Raw processors seem to be more personal preferences than anything and it is what it is. The S2 comes with LR. Something us C1 folks have to deal with if we go down this route. Now if we could see the files than case closed but we won;t know that until we get our hands on some files. Something we can debate for sure if that is the case.

What we need to figure is this fits our style and our budgets and that is certainly a tall order for some , including me. I just don't have the money right now and regardless would it be worth the change. Us existing MF shooters are sitting on a bunch of very much depreciated gear and gut wrenching sales numbers on it. Just hurts even thinking about it.

Just hope you all know I am working on it very hard to get a S2 in my hands and I will not be denied.:D
Hope to get an S2 in October for some test shots, will see how it feels and how I like the IQ. Will also start playing then with LR again, maybe I will need it :D

carstenw

I am with Marc here, I think that if someone is willing to state very strong opinions about which software is better, they should be prepared to show the differences in crops, as well as post their RAW file for others to try. Failing this, they should express their opinions in much gentler terms...

arashm

Maybe we should have a friendly thread about Raw convertors of choice.
I use C1 and Like the LR set up but can't ever get the same IQ out of it compared to C1.
There are many people who use LR very successfully, so maybe I'm doing something wrong and would love to learn, or at least wrap my head around it better.
am

Guy Mancuso

If someone wants to start it lets bring it over to the image processing forum so others can benefit as well. We tend to start these tests and it gets lost in a thread and it be nice if the whole forum could benefit.

Christopher

Well I don't have time to do all these nice crops you all want, while I'm traveling and shooting 8 hours a day, but I will as soon as I find a peaceful moment. I will start a new topic, so that we won't get in the way of discussion S2 parts.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Posting my view here on some SW is my view and does of course not necessarily reflect what others might feel and observe. Everybody has different needs.

I for myself have worked pretty hard to get to the level where I am, for me this is ok in the moment and I actually cannot care less if someone thinks the same or different. Thus publishing any comparisons here is not my intention and also far above the time I want to spend. I am grateful for all others who take the burden to post whatever results they find interesting, but for the time being this is definitely not for me - I simply do not have the time to spend for this efforts.

So bottom line - who wants to read and think about my opinion and the results I achieved is of course welcome - otherwise I would not post here - but as I said I could not care less if someone thinks 180 degree different - good for them!

Hope this clarifies some issues ;)