The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CF travel tripod questions

mark1958

The lady who was in charge in Seattle was a total (well do not want to get in trouble for 4 letter words). In fact, I am considering filling a complaint. She told us all these rules that no one else knew of. For example, one family member cannot sit in an exit row unless all are in the exit row. On the way back-- I was in an exit row... THe flight attendants were average. On the way back they were much much better. I used to live in Seattle. I am a 100K flier on United and never treated so badly--- on the way out.. Anyway, the fun of flying.. I guess i get treated better on United airlines because of my frequent flying.

Mark,
I was WAAAYYY over in carry on weight with a Kiboko bag pretty full of stuff that I didn't want to check. I didn't really let them see it when I was checking in and when I picked it up I was sure to make it seem like a light little bag. They did weigh my checked luggage in each direction but I was pretty careful to keep it under the 50lb limit. I was toast if they didn't let me on with my gear. On the return they could care less about my carryon.

How was the Seattle flight? It didn't work for my dates.

cjlacz

Are there any alternatives to the RSS pano clamp? It seems difficult to find RSS stuff in Tokyo. If anyone knows where I might find it, please let me know. They don't seem to have many plates for Oly cameras which is what I shoot.