The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica - some great news on 9th September 2009

fotografz

I'd like to have one of each version (M8, M8.2, and M9) If I have to wait longer for a M9 so be it ... $8K isn't a welcome expense right now anyway.

The M is taking on more importance again in my work because the business landscape has changed drastically for me and will continue to do so as I draw closer to my retirement.

This is why I am off-loading some nice gear ... not so much to pay for the M9 as it is to shift the gear emphasis.

-Marc

TimWright

Your source appears to be contradicting everyone else's source. Care to elaborate?
Can't and I hope they are wrong. I am 99.9% sure of the Panasonic(s) but still hoping that Leica are just keeping the M9 close until september. I called my dealer and although they aren't taking pre-orders I asked for my name to be at the top of the list if an M update comes out.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Well there will be the rebadged Panasonic(s) in september but no news of anything M related. Would be nice if they surprised us though.
Tim

Impossible ..makes too much sense. I raised this half a dozen times here and on the LUF . Each time I was told that "Stephan said no 4/3 product from Leica" .

Lets see you have a neat looking (important) GF-1 being introduced that will accept legacy M mount lenses (with an adapter). Looks like a good seller.

Leica has demonstrated that the brand means something and identical cameras with the Leica red spot can sell for ..what 15-25% more than the Panasonic alternative.

So you have a camera that will obviously produce pretty good results...with minimal risk ? :deadhorse:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay NOW I am jealous. LOL Have fun mate. And yes anytime you are in the states we are going to dinner , no question. Now get back to cocktail hour

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Tim

Impossible ..makes too much sense. I raised this half a dozen times here and on the LUF . Each time I was told that "Stephan said no 4/3 product from Leica" .

Lets see you have a neat looking (important) GF-1 being introduced that will accept legacy M mount lenses (with an adapter). Looks like a good seller.

Leica has demonstrated that the brand means something and identical cameras with the Leica red spot can sell for ..what 15-25% more than the Panasonic alternative.

So you have a camera that will obviously produce pretty good results...with minimal risk ? :deadhorse:
EP1 style with M8 sensor and summarit lens. Now that sounds fairly inexpensive style. Well okay maybe 1800. Now something like this would be interesting to have. Just a thought. Regardless it just would be nice to have a bread and butter camera that is less than 2k for Leica. Hot seller in my mind

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guys, it's got to be an M9 announcement on the 9th day of the 9th month of the 9th year of this century. Why? Cause I'm all ready to order my steak :ROTFL:

stephengilbert

I hate to sound like one of those curmudgeons at LUF who are always moving threads around, but this relates to MF how? I blame it all on Peter; he started this thread. :)