The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

looks like the Hy6 is no more....

David K

Workshop Member
David,

I'm quite happy with the results I get from my e75LV/HY6 kit and honestly don't feel I'd be better off with anything else out there. Not saying I'd be worse off, but no reason for me to consider a change. I do find myself spending time in post to get the last bit that I can out of the files, but that's true for me with the D3 and the DMR as well. Here's a crop from a 3/4 body shot with minimal pp (i'll clone out the hair shadow before I call it "final"). I do wish I hadn't paid the price of being an early adopter but, as they say, that's a sunk cost :)

woodyspedden

David,

I'm quite happy with the results I get from my e75LV/HY6 kit and honestly don't feel I'd be better off with anything else out there. Not saying I'd be worse off, but no reason for me to consider a change. I do find myself spending time in post to get the last bit that I can out of the files, but that's true for me with the D3 and the DMR as well. Here's a crop from a 3/4 body shot with minimal pp (i'll clone out the hair shadow before I call it "final"). I do wish I hadn't paid the price of being an early adopter but, as they say, that's a sunk cost :)
Wonderful skin tones David.

I know how you feel about sunk costs having bought my H3DII-39 just a month before Hassy cut the prices to a level where I can never recoup my investment.

So keep on using that puppy because the images are wonderful. They didn't get worse just because you lost some money, that's for sure!

Best

Woody