The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how to install new antivirus application ?

LJL

You did not mention if you are looking at a PC or a Mac. IF you were thinking about a Mac, there may be something interesting included in the new version of their OS, Snow Leopard (10.6):

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10318201-37.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

If you are on a PC, maybe somebody else can chime in with help.

LJ

P.S. For future consideration, and for the mods to think about now, this thread may be better placed in Gear Garage or some other software processing location than the MF forum, even if applications are planned with MF use. Just a thought.

Don Libby

I've been using Avast now for several years after making the move to 64bit, before that it was Norton which I wouldn't go back to even if it were free.

I believe Avast runs on both PC and Mac (I'm running it on three separate PC's).

Agree with LJ this need to be moved to the Gear Garage as you'll get much better responses.

Don

LJL

Thanks, Jack. However, the thought and info from Don and me may still be useful to append to some thread someplace.....maybe.....;-)

LJ