The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-39

jlm

Workshop Member
showed up 5 minutes ago!

US version comes with battery and charger and generous 4gig card.

images will follow

jlm

Workshop Member
also got a 50" roll of Ilford Gold Fiber Silk (for my 9900).

put the 50" roll in the table saw (takes a big one: 16" blade)!, cut it down to 34" and 16" rolls so I can now print 34" sq.
busy weekend ahead

jlm

Workshop Member
had an hour or two after work to pop off a few shots. these are digested by Phocus with absolutely no tweaks saved as jpegs, then imported to CS3 and converted to web sized jpegs with Jack's converter. shot at daylight setting, no wb applied by me. shooting at about i hr before sunset, so light should look warm

worked them quickly on my MB pro.

these two shot with 80mm lens

jlm

Workshop Member
a couple more, shot with the 40mm, sun is lower, again no wb adjustments made by me

these are looking pretty good. I have yet to get Phocus working on my main computer, PC with Eiszo monitor, maybe i'll get that sorted out tomorrow and try a big print

fotografz

a couple more, shot with the 40mm, sun is lower, again no wb adjustments made by me

these are looking pretty good. I have yet to get Phocus working on my main computer, PC with Eiszo monitor, maybe i'll get that sorted out tomorrow and try a big print
Looks really good, especially for right out of the camera.

So much for the comment on the other thread about Hasselblad files being more like Sinar files out of the camera, and needing lots of post work ;)

archivue

at this size, you can't see any difference with a canon 5D II... i would like to see 100% crop please... thanks

PeterA

at this size, you can't see any difference with a canon 5D II... i would like to see 100% crop please... thanks
Show me a 5D11 - that has this tonality - YOU pick whatever light conditions you like. Also show me ANY Canon shot with a decent RED colour in it - again please go - we are all full of expectation !!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Congratulation John

And many thanks for these good first shots.
I am still waiting for my CFV-39 to arrive .

All the best . Jürgen

KeithL

jlm, when I first viewed the red pipe shot I wondered what the point of focus was. Having seen the crop I'm still wondering as the pipe is really soft.

jlm

Workshop Member
80mm, my first shot, no mirror lock up used, 1/15 and f8. don't recall the point of focus probably the center of the frame, so that would be 4-5" beyond the portion in the crop

KeithL

80mm, my first shot, no mirror lock up used, 1/15 and f8. don't recall the point of focus probably the center of the frame, so that would be 4-5" beyond the portion in the crop
No M/UP at 1/15 could expain it. What camera did you use?