The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Masks in Lightroom ..

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Noticed this board and thought I’d contribute something that others may find useful. I haven’t seen this concept ever presented by anyone else, although that’s not saying others haven’t.

I do a few videos, the target audience are customers of my camera stores, and many readers here are far more advanced than they are, but I discovered this technique about a year ago and find myself using it more often and many times it’s pretty effective, so I thought I’d share it.

It’s hard to explain, but what I’m doing allows me to get some of the functionally of creating a mask for control of some elements in Lightroom.

Lightroom Automask Tricks

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Noticed this board and thought I’d contribute something that others may find useful. I haven’t seen this concept ever presented by anyone else, although that’s not saying others haven’t.

I do a few videos, the target audience are customers of my camera stores, and many readers here are far more advanced than they are, but I discovered this technique about a year ago and find myself using it more often and many times it’s pretty effective, so I thought I’d share it.

It’s hard to explain, but what I’m doing allows me to get some of the functionally of creating a mask for control of some elements in Lightroom.

Thanks Wayne

I use lightroom but typically I do all my masking in Photoshop, not having been aware of the power of Lightroom masks.

Using you technique I am now experimenting and (at least in some images) finding it relatively easy to achieve what I set out to do.

So, again, thanks for spending you time to help us grow in image processing

Woody Spedden

tsjanik

Thanks Wayne, I tried the technique in ACR and it worked very well. Reminds me a bit of the color range tool in PS, but I never had great success with color range, your approach seems to be much easier.

Tom

Pradeep

Just saw this Wayne. Thanks so much for sharing. Works very well. I typically use OnOne or MacPhun as my plug-ins for this kind of masking and enhancing, but it is so easy in LR as well.

bab

I was just finishing some images from Yosemite you saved me hours of work thanks sometimes the easy way is the hardest to see!