The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D300 at ISO 3200

gromitspapa

Just walking around the neighborhood testing the 300mm AF-S f/4 that just arrived. It was around 7pm, so it was getting dark. These are all at ISO 3200, f/4, vivid (except the shingled house), high ISO NR on (default), and handheld. Maybe these aren't the best kinds of test photos, but I'm pleased, to say the least.

1/200s

1/250s

1/200s

1/1000s

1/500s

harmsr

Workshop Member
Guy,

I normally leave that off. It can cause the files to loose detail and smear some. I prefer to use the noise reduction in Capture NX or Noise Ninja in CS3.

Best,

Ray

gromitspapa

In-camera High ISO NR was set to normal, the middle of three choices. It doesn't look like that can be reversed in Capture NX. Capture NX automatically applies its own NR per the base adjustment defaults. Here's a 100% crop of the Audi pic, first as originally posted and second one with Capture NX NR turned off: