The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM on F-mount, the solution

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's today's really good news: Leitax have started making an F-mount replacement mount for Zuiko OM lenses. News don't come in much better packages than that, at least not for a person with F-mount bodies and a nice collection of OM lenses :p :thumbs: :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That means I need a D700 to pair with my 21mm f/3.5, doesn't it?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hey, congrats, Jorgen :thumbup:
A D700 for your Zuiko 21 looks lika a given obligation :angel:
Unless ... have you asked if we can expect the Leitax mounts for OM lenses to show up in Alpha versions as well ... :eek:

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I have some Leica R lenses, and I'm tempted to have them leitax'ed in order to start using them already now with my present D300.
On the other hand I'm still not sure if I end up with a full frame Nikon F or Sony Alpha camera - or maybe at some point a Panasonic EVF camera with true R mount ... ?
So until now I have kept the R lenses with their original mount. Speculations, speculations ... :rolleyes:

pellicle

Jorgen

be lovely to see what you get with the OM 21 f3.5 I love this lens on film... full frame must be as good

say ... can you let me know about the metering issues with it when you get it back? My EOS 10D was a bit ... irregular with the metering (unlike my G1)

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Steen,
I doubt there will be a Panasonic with a true R-mount. The advantage of converting to F-mount is that it can be use on a Nikon and an m4/3 camera. I will possibly buy an Olympus EP-2 as well, but that camera doesn't care if the lens is OM or F-mount, so I can as well use converted lenses.

I've sent an inquiry to Leitax regarding shipments to Thailand, and will start converting as soon as it's possible. It may take a few weeks though. I will most certainly post images, and I can't wait to try the 50/2.0 macro and 100/2.8 on the S5. The D700 sound like a Christmas gift or something like that. The question is if I've been nice enough this year ;)

bcf

Hello Jorgen, could you make a conversion already? I'm highly interested... as I have some good OM primes to convert myself.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello Jorgen, could you make a conversion already? I'm highly interested... as I have some good OM primes to convert myself.
No, I had too many other things to worry about before Christmas, so I put it on hold until January. That is now if I remember correctly :eek:

I'll look into it towards the middle of the month. Will probably try one or two lenses to start with.