The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My favorite Yacht

David K

Workshop Member
Down here in Jupiter, Florida there's a lot of big boats around. This one may not be the biggest but it's my favorite. Built by McIlwain Naval Architects, she's 120' long 27' beam and, are you ready for this, holds 22,400 USG of fuel. At today's prices on the water that's $100k to fill 'er up. I could win Lotto and not be able to afford this baby :) Oh yeah, shot with my new (Guy's old) Nikon 85 1.4...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
This one may not be my favourite but it's the biggest :D

Image title: "Ours shall be white as well"

Nikon D50 + 18-70mm, cheap and light package, 620 + 390 g = 1010 g all together, very walkaboutable.

Kphelan

'Alera' - a New York 30. Built in 1905 for the New York Yacht Club by N.G. Herreschoff. Rebuilt in 2005 by Boothbay Harbor Shipyard.

Canon 5D, 17-40-L (sorry...)

David K

Workshop Member
Nice shots guys. In case you want to get there a bit faster than that sailboat...
Taken last week at the Palm Beach Boat Show.

Kphelan

Alera one more time. Last one, I promise.

Alera in distance dancing on the coast of Maine with 'Trivet', a Philip Rhodes designed sloop.

Canon 1Ds2, 100-400-L lens.

D

DougDolde

Sailboats have so much grace...the powerboats only have much testosterone.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Not a yacht perhaps, but it does qualify as a boat. This is from last Spring, a 1941 Old Town square stern, lovingly restored by the original owner's son.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Here's a picture of the yacht of the King of Norway. It was presented to King Haakon and the royal family in 1947 by the people of Norway as a thanks for the king's help in guiding rebuilding efforts after WWII ... and as a gift for his 75th birthday. It was originally the British motor yacht Philante.

Leica M8 and 90asph this past summer.

Kurt