The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

28 ZF ANYBODY?

T

tph3723

If you own this lens kindly give us some of your thought. Sample images will be appreciated:).

T

tph3723

Got the answer from the other ZEISS 100 MM thread. Thanks.

vieri

Mine will be here Monday
I kinda got the feeling from another thread you'd do it Guy! :ROTFL::ROTFL: let us know how it works out for you - I might be interested in this as well; this, and more than this the 85 f1.4, are the only two ZF I am interested in after ruling out the 100 (magnification just 1:2, while the Nikkor 105 VR goes to 1:1)...

woodyspedden

Mine will be here shortly after it arrives to David at Dale Labs. I am very anxious to see the differences between this and the 24-70 2.8. May be the 24-70 is all you need.

Woody

dfarkas

Workshop Member
The two major differences between the 25 f/2.8 and 28 f/2 are:

1) the one stop speed advantage of the 28

2) the close focusing ability of the 25. The 25 will focus down to about 2", resulting in a 1:2.5 reproduction ratio. So, basically it is a wide-angle macro.

I'll definitely be taking a closer look at how both of these wides perform on the D3. They are close in FOV covered, but may be different enough to warrant carrying both.

David

T

tph3723

The statement says "The new ZEISS ZF lenses " so I thougt the 28 is included. Sorry about that if it was off topic. Anyway, the initial thread was " Do you think Leica lenses outperform the top end lenses from Nikon/Canon/Minolta? " And here's the whole 7 pages thread if anybody is interested. Again my mistake and I am sorry.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2839

T

tph3723

Thank you very much Steen. I will take a look on that thread.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Note that the URL and the reference to the 25mm lens is the ZM version, not the ZF (so rangefinder version). The ZF 25/2.8 has a strong curvature of field that makes flat test chart images look soft in the corners (and why some kinds of test on FF note that corners can be soft) but in real word images this is not a problem (unless you are shooting brick walls). In Lloyd Chambers excellent paid review of the ZF range, he described the ZF 25 as a lens with personality. Good call, I think.