The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Favorite Shot of 2009

aboudd

I'm back in D.C. after 25 years in the Philadelphia suburbs. I never get tired of the reflecting pool.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I wanted to initiate the same kind of thread, but with other's posters images. It takes a bit longer, so i'll post tomorrow. :)

darr

Mule Day 2009, Calvary Georgia
NIKON D200 | 18-200 mm (31 mm) | f 8 @ 1/800​

I am new on this forum and should introduce myself: My name is Darr (short for Darlene) Almeda and most of my work has been done through 4x5" and medium format film. I received a Nikon D200 as a gift in 2007 and this was my first introduction into shooting digital. Since then, I have acquired a Canon G9 and find it to be an exceptional little camera. I am accustom to shooting with a view camera and thus have a few Arca's and Ebony's that I will be selling in the near future. I just ordered an Arca M Line-Two and a P45 back from Capture Integration. I give thanks to this forum and all its contributors for helping me decide on where to go next with digital. I am a retired professional photographer (studio, portrait, special events), but I still make some income through fine art sales, thus the Arca purchase. This year had not been an easy time for me to go and shoot as I returned to school to finish a degree that I had been wanting to do for a while. I look forward to making more art in 2010.

Happy New Year! :grin:
Darr

Lloyd

I am new on this forum and should introduce myself: My name is Darr (short for Darlene) Almeda and most of my work has been done through 4x5" and medium format film. I received a Nikon D200 as a gift in 2007 and this was my first introduction into shooting digital. Since then, I have acquired a Canon G9 and find it to be an exceptional little camera. I am accustom to shooting with a view camera and thus have a few Arca's and Ebony's that I will be selling in the near future. I just ordered an Arca M Line-Two and a P45 back from Capture Integration. I give thanks to this forum and all its contributors for helping me decide on where to go next with digital. I am a retired professional photographer (studio, portrait, special events), but I still make some income through fine art sales, thus the Arca purchase. This year had not been an easy time for me to go and shoot as I returned to school to finish a degree that I had been wanting to do for a while. I look forward to making more art in 2010.

Darr​

Welcome. Looking forward to more. Great shot here.​

bensonga

Beautiful reflection Aboudd!

ok...here's mine...

Happy & Healthy New Year To All At DPI!:)
You really should post this on the "Dogs Unlimited" thread!! :thumbs:

It's great here too, of course....I love it.

Reminds me of my wee Bonnie lass....and perhaps my favorite pic for 2009. I really love this little dog. :)

Gary

shtarka1

Darr[/QUOTE]
Darlene, welcome aboard! Absolutely Love that shot!
You have so many great ones to choose from, but this one stands out in my mind as well. Amazing.
Too kind Lloyd! Thanks for making me feel welcome here at DPI!
You really should post this on the "Dogs Unlimited" thread!! :thumbs:

It's great here too, of course....I love it.

Reminds me of my wee Bonnie lass....and perhaps my favorite pic for 2009. I really love this little dog. :)

Gary

Gary, thank you very much! Your picture of Bonnie is Beautiful!

m_driscoll

Great photos everyone. It's almost 2010, dark outside, and I'm not taking anymore Nikon shots this year; so, I'll go with this one ("Annie get your gun"). Cheers and Happy New Year.

D700;200mm f/2 (why did I sell this lens?); 1/2000s @ f/2; ISO 560

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

That is a great shot, Matt. I keep wondering why I sold mine as well. Live and learn, I guess. ;)

Leica 77

Hello My Good Friend Lloyd,

Happy New Year! It is very nice to see excellent images in your threads. This one was posted in the "Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon" thread (initiated by Lloyd) in 2009. Best wishes to you and your lovely family!

Lloyd

Hello My Good Friend Lloyd,

Happy New Year! It is very nice to see excellent images in your threads. This one was posted in the "Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon" thread (initiated by Lloyd) in 2009. Best wishes to you and your lovely family!
You're back!! Great to see a post from you, my friend. And this truly is a wonderful shot. All the best to you and yours this coming New Year! :salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't have a favourite, never have. My best photo is always the next one, the one that's probably out there somewhere, waiting to be found and to be captured. Still, here's one which isn't necessarily the best one, but one that has a symbolic meaning that is important to me.

In this part of the world, and in most other third world countries, young women struggle to create a life for themselves, very often ending up being abused or simply getting pregnant with men who dump them as soon as they learn about the new, future family member, or simply because they find another girl who is even younger, cuter and more gullible. After which the girl has to start all over again, from scratch minus ten this time, having to create a life for themselves and a baby, very often without any support from others whatsoever.

If I could wish for one thing only for the new year and all the years that follow, it would be to change the attitude of men, to take responsibility for their actions, and not just run away, starting another disaster elsewhere, which unfortunately many of our kind do far too often... and this does not only apply to the act of creating babies.

otumay

I don't have a favourite, never have. My best photo is always the next one, the one that's probably out there somewhere, waiting to be found and to be captured. Still, here's one which isn't necessarily the best one, but one that has a symbolic meaning that is important to me.

In this part of the world, and in most other third world countries, young women struggle to create a life for themselves, very often ending up being abused or simply getting pregnant with men who dump them as soon as they learn about the new, future family member, or simply because they find another girl who is even younger, cuter and more gullible. After which the girl has to start all over again, from scratch minus ten this time, having to create a life for themselves and a baby, very often without any support from others whatsoever.

If I could wish for one thing only for the new year and all the years that follow, it would be to change the attitude of men, to take responsibility for their actions, and not just run away, starting another disaster elsewhere, which unfortunately many of our kind do far too often... and this does not only apply to the act of creating babies.
Jorgen, I'm much impressed by your heartfelt way of describing the terrible inequality between sexes, in the majority of countries all over the world. Chained by false legends of 'decency', 'traditions', 'virtue' and so forth, and cloaked under veils, head-scarves, they are constant reminders to us that technical prowess does not necessarily guarantee wisdom, justice and a better life for all. May your wishes come true.

Thank you and kind regards,

Osman