Site Sponsors

Thread: Love my Sigma 150-500mm Lens

Froggy

Love my Sigma 150-500mm Lens

I have recently purchased a Sigma 150-500mm Lens, which I have to say is fantastic.

Is there anyone out there,who could give me some quick tips for using this lens?

Kind regards

Froggy

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Love my Sigma 150-500mm Lens

Visit the fitness center on a daily basis to get in good enough shape to carry the thing...

No, seriously, I wish I had it myself, but the shop wanted my money in exchange, and I needed to buy food as well
    My impression is that it's an excellent lens, particularly stopped down to f/8. There's a German guy on pbase who has shot a lot of sports with it:

http://www.pbase.com/powerbauer/sigma_150_500

Look at the dog sled photos towards the bottom of the page, and you know you've bought a great lens.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You should stop playing around with these teeny lenses and get something more size appropriate such as this - I believe it can be adapted to F-mount.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, on a more serious note, you might want to consider using a Wimberly Side-kick with this lens. I use one with both my Nikon 200-400VR & 600VR and it makes ALL the difference in terms of having a decent platform. A full gimbal head isn't really needed for a lens of the 150-500 size although it is obviously an option.