The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Love my Sigma 150-500mm Lens

F

Froggy

I have recently purchased a Sigma 150-500mm Lens, which I have to say is fantastic.

Is there anyone out there,who could give me some quick tips for using this lens?

Kind regards

Froggy

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Visit the fitness center on a daily basis to get in good enough shape to carry the thing... :LOL:

No, seriously, I wish I had it myself, but the shop wanted my money in exchange, and I needed to buy food as well :(
My impression is that it's an excellent lens, particularly stopped down to f/8. There's a German guy on pbase who has shot a lot of sports with it:

http://www.pbase.com/powerbauer/sigma_150_500

Look at the dog sled photos towards the bottom of the page, and you know you've bought a great lens.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You should stop playing around with these teeny lenses and get something more size appropriate such as this - I believe it can be adapted to F-mount.

:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ok, on a more serious note, you might want to consider using a Wimberly Side-kick with this lens. I use one with both my Nikon 200-400VR & 600VR and it makes ALL the difference in terms of having a decent platform. :thumbup: A full gimbal head isn't really needed for a lens of the 150-500 size although it is obviously an option.