The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Challenge: Shot of the Decade

aboudd

Now, this idea will have you staring at your navel for hours. Have a few cups of expresso at hand. Consider your work for between Jan 1 2000 and Dec 31 2009 and decide which image gave you the most satisfaction, frustration, fun or angst ... and post it.

I offer up my angst shot. my comment on the worst recession since the great depression. There are many shots of closed factories and unemployment lines, but I guess the color and locked gate say it for me.

Nikon D3, Zeiss 35MM

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AI-S 2.8/28mm • 1/1600 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Aboudd: I like the photograph you had up the first time much better. Much more memorable, and not merely for the obvious reason.

aboudd

Hi Tim, I agree, but being faithful to the concept, it wasn't taken on Nikon ... I moved it over to MF where it belongs.

episa

Taken with Nikon D700 with SB900 and Leica zoom Vario-Elmar 80-200mm f/4. I had to use a Uniplus Kenko extension tube and a Marumi Achromat close-up lens to achieve this high magnification. ISO 2500, 1/400s, f/11.