Site Sponsors

Thread: LENS REVIEW: CV Color-Skopar 20mm SL II

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LENS REVIEW: CV Color-Skopar 20mm SL II

Last year, Cosinaís Voigtlander division introduced a new lens in itís SL II lineup: the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm/3.5 Aspherical SL II. This tack-sharp 20mm wide angle lens produces stunning results and is a very good addition to any enthusiastís lens collection.

Disclaimer: this review was made with a lens purchased from Cameraquest. No vendor/dealer attribution was involved in this review. All images except for the product shots were taken by the author using a Nikon D700 DSLR. All images shot RAW (12-bit NEF) and were developed using either Lightroom 2.5 or Aperture 2.1 on a Mac Pro (Jan 2008 edition) with 8-cores and 12GB of RAM running the latest version of OS X ďSnow LeopardĒ at the time. All product images copyright 2010 Stephen Gandy All Rights Reserved and used with the authorís permission.

A little background (and a small sermon):

Autofocus lenses are great for certain things. I would never dream of shooting the ballet without one. Any time you need to shoot in a fast-paced situation, they are the catís pajamas. But when you want to shoot slowly and deliberately, nothing beats a manual focus prime lens.

I am also a Leica M shooter and one thing the Leica M-System taught me was that manual focus still has a place in modern photography. I truly feel that oneís best work can be achieved if you are willing to take responsibility for all aspects of the shot.

Read the rest of the review here.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: LENS REVIEW: CV Color-Skopar 20mm SL II

Thanks for the information.

In the past I had many CV lenses. I still heve the 12 mm Leica mount lens, because there's no alternative from Leica for that one.

These lenses have affordable prices, and the quality is fine. I highly regarded my 25mm for example. Unfortunately, I have found that the corners usually had problems compared to the (expensive) Leica alternatives.

I wonder how the 20mm performs on the corners. If you may upload a few photos that shows its performance, it would be great. because I'm considering this lens for my 5DII. In this range I think Canon has no good performers.

Seyhun
    H3DII-31, 5DII, M8, NEX-3 and Camera collection
    http://seyhun.com
    Facebook Page

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: LENS REVIEW: CV Color-Skopar 20mm SL II

If you go to my blog post I have plenty of photos there for you to look at.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO