The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

has anyone tried Voigtlander 58 f1.4 nokton with D3?

jonoslack

HI There
whilst browsing Robert White's excellent website I came across this CPU enabled lens.
It sounds attractive to me for a cheap, small, low light lens cap on the D3 (which I still haven't quite got).

Has anyone tried it?

Here is a link

Voigtlander 58 f1.4 nokton

deepdiver

Hi Jono
Yes, I have been using this lens a lot on Nikon D3, the results are amazing!
This lens is very sharp! even at wide open.
Nikon 50 F1.4 Af-d is nothing compare to this lens (IMHO)
I will post more picture later (once i get home)
Now I only have a picture of my girl friend, which was taken using this lens + D3

From this morning Nikon D60 + nokton 58mm F1.4

Andree

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Andree,

I've only visiting that site for the past several weeks, but it does seem to be very helpful. I very much like that first shot. It certainly is very sharp. And, the colors are bright.

Kurt

jonoslack

Andree, Kurt
Thank you so much - I seem to have spent rather a lot this morning, but this is a pretty cheap lens - very tempting.

Your photos are splendid Andree - especially that last one - really excellent.

The D3 is also a bit of a revelation (I've only spent an hour with it so far).

etrigan63

I was thinking about getting this lens for my D300 (like Jono, when I get it) for use in portraiture and product photos. Anyone have samples shots from a D300?

woodyspedden

I just got my D3 back from Brightscreen where the 13mm manual focus screen was installed and works like a champ. I took my grandson out to the driving range to hit some balls (he's 4 1/2) and used the 58 1.4 to get some results for this thread. A word of caution.......as you can see the lighting is super high contrast and my grandson is never still. So while you may think my focus is not perfect (and it probably is not) these shots at f 1.4 are probably indicative of what the lens D3 combination will produce. I could take some in better lighting and use a tripod to do a better job of isolating what the lens can really do and I will try to get around to that soon. But this is my quick and dirty first attempt to show some real world results. The bokeh is good but as you can see it can b
a bit funky with objects like these higlighted golf balls
Best

Woody