The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

re-posted from Nikon forum, fred's site

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0804/08041401D3firmware.asp

I copied this as it has the link to both the PC and Mac versions. It looks like Nikon listens—that's news, re. camera makers, in my experience.

The most amazing improvement, for me, is way more speeds for "The range of settings available for ISO sensitivity settings>ISO sensitivity auto control>Minimum shutter speed in the shooting menu has been increased from 1/250–1 s to 1/4000–1 s."

This is what many have been asking for—higher shutter speed for triggering Auto ISO. I will use this almost every day at work on the 70–200.

I am happy to say I'm impressed.

Marc, saw that post of your re. low light performance (and those fruit colours???). The D3 is a special camera, no doubt.