The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Getting my feet wet on the dark side, and other mixed metaphors...

jonoslack

Thanks, Jono. The reason I'm interested in this pixel density issue is that I've initially come to the conclusion that I'm not waiting and pining for a full-frame D300, on which there is speculation, because for street photography I like the greater depth of field of the D300 compared to the D3 and, since I find I'm cropping frequently, mainly because I now find the 3:2 aspect ratio of the D300 more difficult to compose in than the 4:3 of my small sensor camera, the greater pixel density of the D300 seems preferable. That is something that never occurred to me before seeing this mentioned in a couple of Thom Hogan's articles.

—Mitch/Paris
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/
Hi Mitch
Well, I'm finding it all a little confusing. I was always a 'smaller sensor' kind of a guy, but I'm beginning to realise that a full frame high pixel camera is what might rescue me from MF. Your needs are quite different.

I'm loving the D3, but if someone came along and said 'would you like me to saw off that vertical grip' I'd leap at it!