The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Terry

Wow! The last couple of days have been outstanding on this thread.

Jono- at first I thought you were trying to weaken my resolve on the little 58mm now I think you are teasing me with the 14-24. Yes, I love my M8 with 12mm. Will be interesting to try out the leveler on the D700 with wide angle.

Mr. Kipper!!!! nothing to say other than WOW!

Jorgen - I dont know if it is the consistent white borders or something in your processing but the color palette you get is really quite nice and there is a consistency where I can pick out your shots. the equipment lineup is just fantastic!

jonoslack

Wow! The last couple of days have been outstanding on this thread.

Jono- at first I thought you were trying to weaken my resolve on the little 58mm now I think you are teasing me with the 14-24.
HI Terry
Everything I post is an attempt to get either you or Cindy to spend money.
What else could be important?
:p

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ah well
I had visions of you on a flying tractor!

Here's another landscape from Friday

if you take the left turn you'll get to Magpie Green
If you take the right turn, it's up spooky old wash lane to Wortham Long Green.

Nikon D3 with 14-24 lens at 15mm, 1/1600 at F8, daylight white balance, processed in Aperture with a little bit of Viveza magic
Your color is look much better since your change to daylight

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen - I dont know if it is the consistent white borders or something in your processing but the color palette you get is really quite nice and there is a consistency where I can pick out your shots. the equipment lineup is just fantastic!
Thank you. I just do the pp (PS CS3 only) to suit my own, egoistic taste :)
Nice that others like it too.

Jono, they did that for free. It's a roadblock preventing traffic into a huge, new industrial estate under construction, in case somebody didn't read the NO ENTRY! sign at the entrance (Me? But it's in Thai language. Us foreigners can't read that... :D ).

To be honest, I went out there into the big emptiness a bit inspired by your own excellent landscape photography, only to find something completely unexpected. It was as if they where standing there, waiting for me to take their photo :)

I'll be back for more :p

Nice road photo, but those aren't really arable, are they?

Last edited:
D

dlew308

From the July 4th parade...not sure what's scarier, the mask or the guy's facial expression.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
HI Terry
Everything I post is an attempt to get either you or Cindy to spend money.
What else could be important?
:p
You have very evil intentions, Mr. Jono! You are always trying to part Terry and I from our money.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:...trotting out all that fancy gear.

jonoslack

Your color is look much better since your change to daylight
HI Guy
Yes - I think that's been quite a revelation to quite a few people now - I keep meaning to do a blog on it . . . Plus it's so nice not worrying about carrying grey cards around!

That shot would certainly have had a yellow tint in the greens.

Jorgen, the diggers really are priceless - I'm sure that they warrant a return visit.
The roads around here often become arable - grass growing up through the surface etc. that one however is quite busy (maybe 5 cars an hour). Still, is it compulsory for landscapes to be arable?

Girls, Girls - just get those credit cards out and get clickin' you KNOW it makes sense! Actually, I'm only trying to get my own back - Guy is forever trying to get me to spend Medium Format money!

Nigel Rea

Hi Jono

Having previously lived in the wilds of Suffolk perhaps we should start a "Country Lane shooting" thread to rival those "Street Shooters!"

Nigel

jonoslack

Hi Jono

Having previously lived in the wilds of Suffolk perhaps we should start a "Country Lane shooting" thread to rival those "Street Shooters!"

Nigel
HI Nigel
Absolutely - no street around here! where were you in Suffolk . . . and where are you now?

Nigel Rea

Hi Jono

I used to part own a TV and video production company based in the Guildhall at Eye.

We lived for 22 years at Battisford near Stowmarket. Renovated and extended a derelict thatched cottage with closing order. Ended up with 2 acres and lots of Jacob sheep to keep the grass down.
Needed a change of scenery and moved in 2000 to live by the sea at Felixstowe.

Nigel

www.ibismultimedia.co.uk

jonoslack

Hi Jono

I used to part own a TV and video production company based in the Guildhall at Eye.

We lived for 22 years at Battisford near Stowmarket. Renovated and extended a derelict thatched cottage with closing order. Ended up with 2 acres and lots of Jacob sheep to keep the grass down.
Needed a change of scenery and moved in 2000 to live by the sea at Felixstowe.

Nigel

www.ibismultimedia.co.uk
Ah - Eye, very close to us here in Redgrave, we have the renovated cottage, but not the thatch or the sheep!
I keep persuading Emma to go and live near the sea, but it would be in Cornwall rather than Suffolk - much as I like the suffolk coast, I prefer to be able to see through my sea!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The urge to travel against the current is sometimes irresistible, although the road is occasionally bumpy.

D80 and 85/1.8

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely photos, Andree. From Indonesia? I must go there!

How do you find the manual focusing with the D50? Do you use the standard focusing screen?

deepdiver

Hi Jorgen, Yes, it's from Indonesia (south sumatera Island)
IMHO, using manual focus lens on Nikon D50 is not hard, it's quite easy ( i just depending on the green dot)
I'm still using the standard focusing screen from nikon :)
no plan to change it to katz eyes screen yet.

Andree

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Sorry I'm late to the party... David K, that dock shot in the Keys is amazing. Did you use the 14-24?

David