The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

etrigan63

My daughter had her first horseback riding lesson today, the fulfillment of a dream she's had for almost half of her life (She's 10 years old). Daddy had to take pictures...

jonoslack

HI Carlos
Exciting times for you daughter . . . and for your banker!

Here is my wife - 45 years after her first riding lesson at 10. You can see that the excitement doesn't wear off!

(excuse me - taken with an Olympus E3 and the 50-200 f2.8 / f3.5

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had a walk in Bangkok today, after some shopping (bought one lens cap), and this is what I saw (D80 with 70-300mm ED):

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Really nice shot Jorgen. B&W is an excellent choice for it.

I have something a bit more um, caramel? to offer.

Cheers!
Tim

V

Vivek

A couple through my D80-IR.

The first using the incredibly sharp 14-24 zoom. :)

The second using the 70-300 AF-D ED @ 70mm. It is also sharp for IR.

(Rotterdam sky)

Arne Hvaring

Vivek, excellent shots, the first would have been great even without the IR! Used to do some IR back in the film days, but haven't tried it with digital. What are we talking about exposure wise (sensitivity)?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Travelling halfway around the globe for a portrait may sound like overdoing things a bit. But if it's for a king or a queen or a baby, it's well worth the effort. Here she is, my daughter's first:

D80 and 85/1.8 @ 2.0.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
She looks exactly like her grandpa. Spot on. A genuine Udvang and some day a great photographer :)

jonoslack

Travelling halfway around the globe for a portrait may sound like overdoing things a bit. But if it's for a king or a queen or a baby, it's well worth the effort. Here she is, my daughter's first:

D80 and 85/1.8 @ 2.0.
Congratulations Jorgen
and yes, it is only old people who are grandparents :p
(you last a little longer if you only have boys . . . and you're lucky!). . . or is that unlucky?!