The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

V

Vivek

The whole of Barcelona city is full of arts of every kind.

even a common pharmacy is like a Gaudy piece!

V

Vivek

Carlos, Most buildings there are covered up for renovation. This one I lucked out with a 28mm lens that vignettes just right. It was really scorching sunlight and hot. Thanks.

Terry, Thanks.

A street (music) performance that excited an odd couple to dance. The kid was not impressed.

A couple of teenagers near that scene.

If you got it, flaunt it tourist.

Not everyone was in that shape.

V

Vivek

Carlos, I am almost always amazed with the way most overweight people carry themselves.

Couple from a market next to the Placa Catalunya (more tourist shots).

etrigan63

Like Vivek, I had a happy accident today: Mis-focused because I was looking through the bottom part of my progressive lenses (ah, the joy of presbyopia).

Abstract of Miso

V

Vivek

Carlos, I think I figured out my settings. For objects at 2-3meter distance, set the focus scale to 0.5meter at f/1.8 ~f/2.2 and meter accurately. :)

This one was deliberately shot this way.

etrigan63

A proud moment: my daughter Mel decided to do a self-portrait similar to mine. I let her use the D40x and gave her some basic instructions on setting up the shot, plus I loaned her one of my black t-shirts. Afterwards, she sat with me and we processed the images. I did the conversion according to her specifications (she said what she wanted and I made it happen).

Daddy's Little Girl (10 years old)

I am a very happy father right now...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The weather was nice yesterday, so I equipped myself with my bad-at-ISO-over-200-Nikon-D80 and my slow-in-every-way-Nikkor-70-300-ED to shoot some tigers under the baking sun. But on the way... (insert very long story here)..., so I ended up at a car racing circuit.

The cars obviously did what cars usually do: drove around in circles with no apparent purpose. But in a big, white tent, with bad to horrible lighting, and lots of beauty and energy, there were singers.

And before I knew what hit me, I had spent my 8GB of memory, and all the daylight that once were, on grainy photos of pretty girls. That's what I call a perfect day :p :p :D

etrigan63

A buddy of mine just picked up the 70-300 VR lens and let me play with it. I would add it to my repertoire as well if the 18-200 VR wasn't so darned good and covered most of the range.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Arne. Those are some the most photogenic girls I've seen ever. great singers too.

I agree on the 70-300 VR, Carlos. The older ED version that I have is unfortunately rather unpredictable. Some combinations of focal length, aperture and subject distance, particularly wide open at infinity, are really bad, while close up, it's in fact quite decent, but it focuses as slow as my old 105mm micro.

The girl with red hair was shot at 300mm wide open, and all I've read about this lens indicates that it should be blurry. But close up, it works fine, and at full resolution, you can almost count the layers of make-up on her face :rolleyes:

V

Vivek

Couple of shots (IR) using the 70-300 AF-D ED at the long end. This is the best IR lens I have for long FLs.

Barcelona

Local Zoo

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Then, today, a friend told me who the girls are, and that there are millions of photos of them on the internet, and I'm not even exaggerating. Just search for "Girly Berry". As superstar as you can become in this country.

Hmmm... wonder if.... yeah, as if... keep on dreaming :rolleyes:

Here's one more anyway, somewhat sweaty, during a break that lasted a couple of seconds or something like that. Same D80, same 70-300:

Last edited: