The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

V

Vivek

Mt Tibidabo, Barcelona, D300, 18-55 AF-S G II, f/22 @18mm

This plastic fantastic rocks for shooting into the Sun. Better than the 14-24 zoom

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The interest in French cars seems to have faded slightly during recent years, at least in Thailand. Here are two potential customers though. D80 and 70-300.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I finally got a chance to take out my new D700 and Voigtlander 40 f/2 and 180 f/4 lenses.

Farm scene is with the 40 f/2 and the butterflies are with the 180 f/4.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful shots, Terry. I wish I was at the beach:rolleyes:!
I love this camera:thumbs: The D3 was fantastic, but the size of the D700 is perfect for me.

etrigan63

Took the kids to Wanndo City, a role-playing theme park where children can try out different careers/jobs. Decided to have some fun with SilverEfex Pro.

Rock Climbing

The Magic Hour

Police 01 10

Johnny Rockets

Terry

Carlos,
Looks like they need to calibrate the minutes a little bit better. I like your B&W work.

etrigan63

That's why it's magic. You have no idea what the time is. I believe Lee Segal said "A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure."

etrigan63

I decided to do a B&W conversion using Bibble Pro 4.10.1 + Andy Pro (yes, I am a RAW converter whore). One thing I like about using Andy for conversion is that it not only simulates a film type, but the chemicals you souped the film in, the paper you printed it on and the chemicals you souped the print in! Talk about going the extra mile for appeasing the die-hard film crowd!

I got inspired with the picture of Mel scaling the rock wall and I turned it into a B&W motivational poster.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had some time to spare today while waiting for an offset printer to get her act together, and walked past a workshop where they repair railway locomotives. Fascinating place, with dust, dirt and oil everywhere, and big machines in parts wherever I turned.

It was dark, much darker than the photo shows, and I had no tripod and no fast lens, so: D80 with Tamron 24-135mm @ 24mm, f/3.5, 1/6s handheld and ISO400.

V

Vivek

D80-IR, 18-55 AF-S G II @ 18mm

This kid (Mohammed Ali) got curious about my camera and came to grab the lenshood.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Gorgeous girl and photo Vivek.

Here's another one from yesterday's waste of time. D80 with Tamron 24-135 again, @ 24mm f/3.5 and 1/20s handheld. Cropped top and bottom.

V

Vivek

Jorgen, Thanks. Even, I did not catch the name right at first. It is Mohammed Ali ( a boy!, perhaps about 3 years old). The click from camera made him leave the hood grasp and run away, I think. :) His mom was happy to see the snap. If I know who they are, I will give them a nice print.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That reminds me of a series of photos I took in a slum in Manila almost two years ago. I promised myself to go back there with some prints, but so far I haven't even made it back to the Philippines :(

Here's one anyway, not Nikon but Olympus E-1 with 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6. Lots of fingerprints on the lens as well as the LCD that day, and a lot of fun it was too :)

jonoslack

Lovely Jorgen
At least the E1 and 14-54 is the right camera for it . . . you can wash it under the tap afterwards!

V

Vivek

I found this couple getting cosy and had a few seconds to snap this (Rotterdam, last friday, under a full moon).

D300, Sigma 30/1.4, 1/30s, f/2.2, ISO1600

Last edited: