The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just finished three days shooting production of silver jewelry, everything from prototypes and casting to polishing and QC. Fascinating process. Here's midway through, S3 with Micro Nikkor 105 AF D @ f/4.8 and 1/45s

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very well performed, Vivek. I've never been particularly enthusiastic to IR, but you use it in a way that makes a difference.

Is that the old Nikkor 28mm? I've been looking for that one for a while, but it's nowhere to be found here in Thailand.

V

Vivek

Jorgen, Thank you!:)

No, it is not the PC-Nikkor 28mm (shift lens). It is a self contructed shift/tilt lens.

Arne Hvaring

Summer's slowly drawing to a close. Found this among the green leaves yesterday..
D3 and 85 mm PC Micro Nikkor.

Last edited:

jonoslack

I've just been in Ronda for a couple of days with my D700
there were a few good pictures, but I think this was my favorite moment:

or perhaps the next shot is better in black and white:

robmac

Ah, uh, um (strains to be politically correct), nice eye there sir. Nice dress too (seriously, shows some style).
Young men these days have their photographic priorities all wrong. In my day.....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ummmm... my politically incorrect mind struggles with this one :rolleyes:

Nice photos though. Is the b&w one a bit on the bright side?

V

Vivek

Nice photos but there is something odd about that outfit (either it doesn't fit the person or the person does not fit it).

I am throwing in more (just two) street shots from Barcelona. Short story.

etrigan63

What gets me (after overcoming the initial distraction) is that her right ankle is in the same awkward position in both shots. Did she sprain her ankle when she left the scene?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ten days ago, I participated in what was called a "photo-walk". Taking photos together with a bunch of other people isn't my favourite thing, but it was fun anyway, although more social than really photographic. Here are two of the other participants, chimping at sunset. D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ 2.0

V

Vivek

Vivek, that first one is absolutely great. Looks like something Irakly would have staged :)
Now, you are making me :eek:, Jorgen. Life as we know it, see it, experience it is full of drama. Thanks!:)

(Irakly is quite a man, isn't he? Putting so much ideas in every frame!)

fotografz

Irakly would have staged it a night with slasher lighting, and had a lecherous drunk clown peeping out the background :ROTFL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Disagreements are part of politics, and always were. In Thailand, the conflicts take strange shapes sometimes. Like when those in opposition take to the street, and stay there. For weeks.

Now they've occupied the garden around Government House, the building where the cabinet is supposed to have their meetings. And the streets in the area. This morning, it all looked very peaceful. A bit like a protest camp for Thai people of all ages and backgrounds, wearing yellow T-shirts. Which is what it is, basically.

Hopefully, they will reach some kind of agreement soon. As it is now, it looks a bit untidy.

Here's a photo from the garden this morning. Government House in the background. D80 with Tamron 24-135 @24mm and f/11

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
But all is not noise and chaos in Bangkok these days. Outside the occupied gardens of Government House, the protesters have made a small, makeshift shrine under a canvas roof, so that participants can take care of their spiritual needs.

D80 with 70-300mm ED @ 70mm and f/6.3

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, Jorgen. I love this one. Callaway golf hat, motorcycle helmet, tennis shoes/ religous shrine, candle running over....lots to look at.