The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's Monday, at least where I am. Why not start the week with a new hat :toocool:

S3 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Quite Agree w/Vivek....Its Fab
Spot on ....I much prefer the S3 (Fuji) in your hands
Always Superb

Best- H :)
Thanks, both of you. I have to admit, after not having shot with the Fuji for a few months, that I'm surprised how much I can get out of that camera. Not least conversions to b&w come much easier, with an enormous headroom for contrast adjustments.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here in Thailand, a rather famous TV-chef is losing his other job... as prime minister.
Conflict of interest, they say.

And the cabinet meetings are moved to the airport.
Too crowded at Government House.

But the Sky-Train stays on track.

D80 with 70-300mm @ 250mm and f/7.1

D

ddk

You've done it again Jorgen, you've covered the essence of "its all a farce" with this one, very intuitive, your images come from a deep understanding of the culture. They're bringing back many memories and making me miss Thailand.

Bangkok, under a tree, white uniforms and addiction. D80 with 70-300 ED @ 135mm and f/4.5.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You've done it again Jorgen, you've covered the essence of "its all a farce" with this one, very intuitive, your images come from a deep understanding of the culture. They're bringing back many memories and making me miss Thailand.
A farce? Where? Ha ha, thanks David, but didn't you know that us foreigners can never understand this country? Not in a million years, I've heard :LOL:

D

ddk

A farce? Where? Ha ha, thanks David, but didn't you know that us foreigners can never understand this country? Not in a million years, I've heard :LOL:
Yes, I was told that too just forgot about it, LOL. The more I look the more I love this picture, the gun between his legs... your composition, a real classic! Thanks again for sharing yours are the best pictures of the area that I've seen.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, I was told that too just forgot about it, LOL. The more I look the more I love this picture, the gun between his legs... your composition, a real classic! Thanks again for sharing yours are the best pictures of the area that I've seen.
:eek:

Thank you. Now you gave me the energy I need for a long, long day...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For some reason, in this country where absolutely excellent food can be found almost anywhere, some people have this idea that dried squid tastes good. Although the opinions may be somewhat divided about the taste, there's no doubt that it's rather smelly, so protective gear is absolutely recommended.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

S

S.P.

Jorgen,

have you ever tried dried squid?

I was not brave enough...

Stefan

View attachment 7610

Dried squid for barbecue - New Sukhothai - D300 - AF-S 12-24/4.0 DX - ISO 800 - 12mm f 5.0 1/20s

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

have you ever tried dried squid?

I was not brave enough...

Stefan
Ha ha... yes, my ex-ex-gf managed to convince me some eight years ago that it tasted better than the odor would indicate. I can assure you: it doesn't. I've reached the conclusion that, most places in Asia, if it looks inedible, it probably is inedible. Life is to short to eat bad food :lecture: