The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

JohnH

Location is secret of course. D2Xs. Zeiss 28mm. Manual. The Exif says f2 and 1/640 which surprises me. Touched - Ok, beaten up - in Lightroom and CS4.

Last edited:

JohnH

There certainly is a change of color once it hits the internet.
So here is a variation.

And I don't think it shows up that well, either. OK, back to the drawing board...

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice, John. I like the second in b&w best.
I use the getdpi action to get my shots ready for the web. If you haven't tried them, I recommend you do.

Lloyd

Thanks Stuart.

David. Thank you... I know what you mean. I've taken thousands of family pictures, and I'm in only a handful. (But when people see me, they understand why it's better I'm behind the camera:D)

I'm having something strange happen with my D300 and the 70-200 combo. I've noticed that at times it doesn't want to auto focus, then will start to to work. But I'll get completely black images. (example below, which is a screenshot from Adobe Bridge). Only seems to be an issue with this lens. I wondered if the contacts are dirty or something. Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 17375

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

No, but I have noticed I have been getting a similar thing with my 60mm curtagon for Rollei. I suggest scrubbing the contacts really well. That seemed to work for me...

D

ddk

David. Thank you... I know what you mean. I've taken thousands of family pictures, and I'm in only a handful. (But when people see me, they understand why it's better I'm behind the camera:D)
i know what you mean, I have the same problem, its the curse of the ultra good looking, no picture can ever be good enough! ;)

I'm having something strange happen with my D300 and the 70-200 combo. I've noticed that at times it doesn't want to auto focus, then will start to to work. But I'll get completely black images. (example below, which is a screenshot from Adobe Bridge). Only seems to be an issue with this lens. I wondered if the contacts are dirty or something. Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 17375
I have no idea what causes this problem in your case, the only time I get the black frames is when my flash misfires.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We ran into a peacock along the side of the road. I got out and was able to get pretty close with my D700 and Mamiya 200 at f/5.6.