The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Time is flying too fast these days. No time for nothing, and that includes photos. Here's one anyway, from last year. At the moment, I feel like going totally back to b&w would be an idea. And film. It's much more relaxing. I hear that Nikon has stopped making scanners. Probably time to buy one before it's too late, and they are all gone. And an F6?

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/3.5

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We were sitting at my desk discussing the 1936 Rolleicord that I just obtained over the weekend. When you are five, you want to know exactly what that thing is and how old it is. After I took a picture of him with the Rolleicord, he said: "let me see the picture". :ROTFL: So we did it again with the D700 and 35R cron....so he could see the picture.

Last edited:

Lloyd

We were sitting at my desk discussing the 1936 Rolleicord that I just obtained over the weekend. When you are five, you want to know exactly what that thing is and how old it is. After I took a picture of him with the Rolleicord, he said: "let me see the picture". :ROTFL: So we did it again with the D700 and 35R cron....so he could see the picture.
That's one seriously cute kiddo!! Amazing eyes!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very charming portrait, Cindy. Exactly what photography is all about. You should post the one from the Rollei as well. "let me see the picture" :lecture: :ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very charming portrait, Cindy. Exactly what photography is all about. You should post the one from the Rollei as well. "let me see the picture" :lecture: :ROTFL:
Thank you Jorgen and Lloyd.
I am not sure what I will get out of the Rolleicord. An acquaintance knows I love photography. This camera was brought over from Germany by his now deceased wife, who was a refugee. It has been in a case with a Speed Graphic for many, many years. I cleaned up the Rollei and put some film in it and we will see.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Alex, I like the two first ones, and the first one really shows some of the capabilities of that lens. I didn't buy one yet, but now I think I have to...

Stuart Richardson

Alex -- nice shots. I agree, the first one has a lovely quality to it. I am glad to see it, because I just bought the lens! I had been planning to get either a 105 or 135 DC for a long time, and the last few days' images have put me over the top. I went with the 135 since I already have a 100mm APO Elmarit. The 135 will shore up the long focal lengths, and give me something fast, and with AF in the telephoto range.

By the way, is this Moscow? The first looks a little like ul. Svetlanskaya in Vladivostok...

AlexLF

Alex -- nice shots. I agree, the first one has a lovely quality to it. I am glad to see it, because I just bought the lens! I had been planning to get either a 105 or 135 DC for a long time, and the last few days' images have put me over the top. I went with the 135 since I already have a 100mm APO Elmarit. The 135 will shore up the long focal lengths, and give me something fast, and with AF in the telephoto range.

By the way, is this Moscow? The first looks a little like ul. Svetlanskaya in Vladivostok...
As to the lenses I really like to try 24/3.5 PC-E for architectural photography. BTW, if anyone tried it how does it compare to large format cameras movement capabilities wise?

It is Moscow but I'd really like to go to the other side of Russia... Airline tickets are too expensive though. It's easier to go to Paris or Rome.