The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Viablex,
Your work is so interesting. I really like the second one. It is so full of detail for the eye to explore. Are you going to put all of these wonderful photos into a gallery, or are you working on a book?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Viablex,
These two latest ones are great. The first is particularly well performed. I actually like the second motive better, but it would need more elaborate lighting to be really stunning.

Just keep up the good work :)

viablex1

Viablex,
Your work is so interesting. I really like the second one. It is so full of detail for the eye to explore. Are you going to put all of these wonderful photos into a gallery, or are you working on a book?

not sure, my first gallery showing, is coming up but these are from an old ymca that was built in 1929 and abandoned for quite a while it has been abated but it has an old pool and gym and today I found some old roller skates, I hope to get a local gallery showing with locations that are local, I have my eye on a school in the middle of nowhere I am hoping to get permission for so who knows,

I shot pictures for the last 4 days strait like 10 hours a day, I used all kinds of cameras and that first exposure is something like 8 or nine minutes the lower floors are really dark..

matto

viablex1

Viablex,
These two latest ones are great. The first is particularly well performed. I actually like the second motive better, but it would need more elaborate lighting to be really stunning.

Just keep up the good work :)
thanks you are probably right, it was pitch black down there but you can focus that Voigtlander 20mm lens with the help of some led flashlights..

Lloyd

This really is an impressive series. I hope you get the permission you're after, and get the show put together. All the best.

R

Ranger 9

No, I think it has to do with that sub-species of alligator - the insurance adjuster.
The adjuster is the good guy -- you know, the one who writes you the check.

It's the underwriter who says, "Hey, you can't go there, it's full of alligators."

Then again, if there really ARE alligators, the underwriter might be a good guy too...

etrigan63

Seriously,
in Miami-Dade county, alligator populated lakes (can't call them "infested") in population zones are either fenced off from about 50 yards from shore or Animal Control will come and relocate the gators to the Everglades.

This lake is prohibited because of liability most likely. People are allowed to boat and fish, just not swim.

And I realize now that the sub-species of alligator is not the insurance adjuster (they are a sub-species of stork - often bringing bundles of joy), but the actuarial (who calculates risk).

viablex1

Seriously,
in Miami-Dade county, alligator populated lakes (can't call them "infested") in population zones are either fenced off from about 50 yards from shore or Animal Control will come and relocate the gators to the Everglades.

This lake is prohibited because of liability most likely. People are allowed to boat and fish, just not swim.

And I realize now that the sub-species of alligator is not the insurance adjuster (they are a sub-species of stork - often bringing bundles of joy), but the actuarial (who calculates risk).

I hear you in palm beach county they are all over the place as well, just poking fun but they are serious, I have haerd of them ending up in peoples houses etc, my wife had a run in with one she got lucky...

etrigan63

Gosh darn it Jim, you are making me want to pick up a nice used D90 and have Lifepixel perform their mojo on it...

Then again, if I finally get the D3X, I can send my D300 off for a conversion. Hmmmm...

viablex1

Gosh darn it Jim, you are making me want to pick up a nice used D90 and have Lifepixel perform their mojo on it...

Then again, if I finally get the D3X, I can send my D300 off for a conversion. Hmmmm...
I am sending a d300 for conversion coming up !! cant wait...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jim,

Your shots are really making me consider getting a modified 5D... (Folks, I shoot Canon and am NOT going to change horses.)

R

Ranger 9

(Folks, I shoot Canon and am NOT going to change horses.)
Well, he's an administrator, so I suppose we can't kick him out... does bring to mind the old line about "you and the horse you rode in on," though...

Last edited: