The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

AlexLF

I was close to this very old monastery and I couldn't resist to take some photos there. And this is very short photoreport:

First I met this old MG (maybe it's a collector's car!):

All taken with D3x, DC 135/2 (I should've taken my 24-70 too!).

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots Leica77, I particularly like the sunset and shot of the door. It certainly does have a scandinavian character.

Lovely work with the 135/2 DC Alex! I just got mine this week. Here are a few shots with it that I took on a trip down South. I have a lot more, just not processed yet. It is a really fantastic lens. I love the look it has and it balances really well on the D3.

Leica 77

Hello Stuart,
Great images! After looking at the clarity of your wonderful images, my next purchase will be a Nikon 135/2 DC lens. Thanks for your kind feedback. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Unfortunately, I had to let an excellent copy of the 135/2 pass, but here's one with the 50/1.8.

S5 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0 and 1/18s handheld

Leica 77

Hello Jorgen,
Your image is superb! The Nikon 50mm f1.8 is reputed to be one of the sharpest lenses made by Nikon. Your beautiful image certainly supports the reputation. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello Jorgen,
Your image is superb! The Nikon 50mm f1.8 is reputed to be one of the sharpest lenses made by Nikon. Your beautiful image certainly supports the reputation. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
Thanks.
I really have a strong love/hate relationship with this lens. Yes, it sometimes produces excellent results, but precise manual focusing is more or less impossible, and the cheap plastic feeling is almost beyond belief. There's a more solid feel to anything that comes free in cereal boxes :wtf:

Terry

Nice shots Leica77, I particularly like the sunset and shot of the door. It certainly does have a scandinavian character.

Lovely work with the 135/2 DC Alex! I just got mine this week. Here are a few shots with it that I took on a trip down South. I have a lot more, just not processed yet. It is a really fantastic lens. I love the look it has and it balances really well on the D3.
YIKES :eek::eek::eek:!!!! Stuart, I really need to reassess my wardrobe! I was planning on a sun hat not a wool ski cap!

Nice shots!

AlexLF

Thanks, Stuart. I especially like the first and third one! So "airy"!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Alex.
No, I didn't add noise. It was almost a stop underexposed at ISO800 with the S5, so the noise is all natural :)
Actually, I don't mind a little bit noise in portraits, at least as long as it doesn't affect microcontrast. To me, grain or noise tend to enhance the character of a person's face.