The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Leica 77

Fun Pictures with Nikon. Alley and Street Scape images from Shangahi. According to Jorgen, ... "somewhere in there, people live their lives." Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Fun Pictures with Nikon. Alley and Street Scape images from Shangahi. According to Jorgen, ... "somewhere in there, people live their lives." Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)
Wonderful stuff L77! I especially like the shot of the two women. Very nice sense of place and natural expressions. This site is great for letting me see parts of the world I may never get to in person.

Best,
Tim

Leica 77

Hello TRSmith,
Many thanks for your kind feedback! Likewise, I get to see images from around the world that I may never get to visit. It is a lot of fun seeing so many images from Asia, Europe, North America, etc. etc. etc. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Hello Jorgen,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Let us explore more deeper parts of the world through our photographi eyes. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Only now, I realise that I haven't really been through the photos from Macau until now. Here's another one, the Grand Lisboa, a building that never stops fascinating. I'm not even sure if it's pretty or ugly, it's just completely off... :p

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm, f/2.8 and 1/6s handheld

ShiroKuro

Tried my hand at color .... very difficult ... I have a new found appreciation for
the processing that goes into these images here in this thread.... the black and white ... usually I just thrash the file ... trying to get a really nice black and white conversion is very challenging .....

I think these were shot with the 50 1/4 G ... The previous shot of the army boy I used the AF Nikkor 24 - 120 mm 3.5
which seems to work just fine on the D700 ...

Last edited:

helenhill

Tried my hand at color .... very difficult ... I have a new found appreciation for
the processing that goes into these images here in this thread.... the black and white ... usually I just thrash the file ... trying to get a really nice black and white conversion is very challenging .....

I think these were shot with the 50 1/4 G ... The previous shot of the army boy I used the AF Nikkor 24 - 120 mm 3.5
Well Charley,
I have Always takin a Liking to your Processing
be it w/ Ricoh Or Nikon
You've got a Style All your Own
with lots of Edge & Grit
something I Aspire to achieve in some of my NY life pixs

To me it adds more Glam & Atmosphere to your Japan / Hawaii Lifestyle :D

Cheers -H

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Number two is interesting. Your b&w conversion gives an excellent feeling of three dimensions.

Leica 77

I can't seem to get this building off my mind, so here's yet another view :)

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 29mm and f/2.8

Hello Jorgen,
This "Narrow View" with the Grand Lisboa in the far background really captures the old/new ambience of Macau. These narrow streets in Macau are fabulous with Portuguese street names, Chinese antique stores, tea houses, modern boutiques, etc. etc. etc. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

ShiroKuro

Glad you like the style Helen ; )
Just trying to have more control and propose for the high contrast in the images .. and not doing it just for the sake of effect if you get my meaning ... contrast for the sake of contrast ...I love this style and hope to perfect it in the Darkroom and in my digital prints ... thanks for your constant encouragement ....
Jorgen ... I was surprised at your comment about the second photograph ... I really put some effort into this one using the history brush and selective sharpening and softening of the edges in the image combined with different opacities levels .... any way your comment made my day... as I was trying to give the image some depth ... Thanks for your comments

fotografz

Having a blast shooting weddings with the D3X. Nice color. Great skin tones.

ISO 500, 24-70 @ 24/5, fill with a SB900.