The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

really, I did not know that, I use to be the videographer for Millenium dance syndicate before we disbanded and I loved seeing ABT at the gleason when I was down that way. we used to put some modern shows on at New world school of the arts in miami. well on with the destruction!!

These are amazing. The first one particularly. Wow.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here I'm away for a few days, and WOW... some photos!
Stuart, Viablex, Alex and Carlos, so many great shots :thumbup:

Here's my humble contribution, from Saigon this time, trying to get manual focus right with large apertures and moving subjects. Not easy :lecture:
Just back a couple of hours ago, so I'm still copying photos to my computer, but here's one that has made it to the hard-disk.

S5 with 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/1.8

otumay

Jorgen, those shots are wonderful! I heartily congratulate you. But I can't keep from wondering what those colors would look like, had you not used the S5:))
Best,
Osman

JohnH

I just cannot get the same quality models as Jorgen - but I will keep trying. Cambodia, floating village near Angkor Wat.
D2Xs, 70 - 200 mm lens, various.

Cheers,

John

Last edited:

etrigan63

Another recital by yours truly. This was a dance camp at my kids' school. The girls in the dance camp produced, choreographed, designed costumes and lighting themselves. I was impressed. Here are a few samples:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
John, love the third shot.

Carlos, this is getting better and better. The two b&w shots are beautiful.

Alex, there's really nothing that compares to the S5. Coming back home with a bunch of photos from that camera is such a pleasure; all the colours are there, and whatever misses I did with the exposure can easily be corrected, thanks to the enormous DR.

Here's one that really challenges the DR: Midday tropical sun, faces in the shadow and pastel coloured dresses in shiny material in direct sunlight. Still, details are preserved everywhere.

S5 with 105mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I seem to be veering into the weird lately. I found this rock today and couldn't help but notice how much like raw meat it looked. Not a "pretty" picture, but sort of interesting. The coloration is strictly natural, no paint or wild manipulation in PS.

etrigan63

It wouldn't be interesting if it was manipulated, in this case. At first glance I thought it was a raw pork shoulder, until I read your text and saw that it was a rock.

Jorgen, thank you for the kind comments. The girls put their all into the show and I hope my photos reflected that. I may pick out a couple more and post them.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hmmm... I don't think I would eat that. How did it taste?

Here's some real meat, but the corn seems to taste better anyway :confused:

S5 with 105mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

On a technical note: I do like the way this lens handles the OOF areas :)

Lloyd

Another recital by yours truly. This was a dance camp at my kids' school. The girls in the dance camp produced, choreographed, designed costumes and lighting themselves. I was impressed. Here are a few samples:

Great stuff, Carlos. This last one... wow.