The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Jono - I guess it was 69-72. I've been trying in vain to post an image but only succeeded in wasting huge amounts of time. I'll look back later.

............... Chris
Hmmm

Neville Murray
Bill Mumford
Francis Bacon
Wynn Jones

ring any bells for you? (it's possible that you were there just after me). I remember a lecturer's three wheeler being wedged between trees by the rugby team. There were a lot of drugs . . . . . oh, a LOT of drugs!

M

Mitch Alland

I like it, Jono; and you're close in like all good street photography. The horse is obviously thinking, "I better not see this on the web!"

Namibia | D300 | 70-200mm

...and I can't resist adding this one, which I assume most people won't like:

—Mitch/Paris
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

Last edited:

jonoslack

I like it, Jono; and you're close in like all good street photography. The horse is obviously thinking, "I better not see this on the web!"
Maybe, but I'm not sure that there are many people who'd look that nonchalant with a Nikon 24-70 6 inches from their faces!

...and I can't resist adding this one, which I assume most people won't like:

Why would you assume that? I think it's fine - without searching too far back in the archives (day before yesterday?)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I spent some time walking through Lakeside park today. The bandstand in the background dates from the 1880's.
D300 and 28-70 f/2.8

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I forgot I'd taken these. Something to look forward to again this summer, hope you don't mind one more of the Glads.

Thanks, Helen!

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Thanks Jono and Cindy! (That was captured using a Customized Nikon cam with the 18-55 AFS G II @ 18mm and f/8. This is the best Nikon lens for IR)

Here is an IR Macro:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I forgot I'd taken these. Something to look forward to again this summer, hope you don't mind one more of the Glads.

Thanks, Helen!
Tim,
I thought the first glad shot was beautiful, but this is even more stunning. I am wondering how you lit it and what lens you used.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Cindy. The lighting is good old fashioned sunshine. In the case of the second shot, I had over exposed it a bit and had to compensate in PS. The processing in both does seem to give it a slight "artificially lit" look. Lens is the 70 -200VR. ~150mm, 200 at 5.6.

Chris C

..... I remember a lecturer's three wheeler being wedged between trees by the rugby team.....
Jono - No, the names do not ring any definite bells with me, but I do remember the rather eccentric lecturer whose three wheeler seemed to be a target for bullyish revenge. Apparently it had no reverse so the challenge was to wedge it in challenging spots. I never did figure out how they got it jammed in a corner on the flat roof of one of the education blocks. Somehow I missed the drugs, not through any foresight on my part - but glad I did.

................ Chris