The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very sweet Jorgen
Interesting lens that - so convenient - I had it on the Kodak 14n, trouble was it blew copious amounts of dust straight back on to the sensor!
It's supposed to work better on full frame than on aps. My experience with it is that it's stellar, even wide open, up to around 50mm, usable up to 90, and really ugly above that. For that reason, I've consider changing it for a Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0. One of the f/2.8 Tamrons would be nice, but the 17-50 isn't always long enough for portraits, and the 28-75 not wide enough for groups or interiors.

jonoslack

It's supposed to work better on full frame than on aps. My experience with it is that it's stellar, even wide open, up to around 50mm, usable up to 90, and really ugly above that. For that reason, I've consider changing it for a Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0. One of the f/2.8 Tamrons would be nice, but the 17-50 isn't always long enough for portraits, and the 28-75 not wide enough for groups or interiors.
HI Jorgen
You'r right about full frame - the Nikon 24-120 AFS VR, that much despised lens, is actually not bad full frame either.

Have you thought about the new nikon 18-65? or is it too slow for you?

jonoslack

Here is a bit of action:
M8 Continuous everything, shutter 1/640 ISO 6400 (yes)
no noise reduction (probably should be, but it was just a bit of fun)- there are a number of missing shots, these are:
1,6,8 and 11 of the sequence (others were fine, just not so interesting!).

The dog is called Blue (and he's a good dog too).

jonoslack

I suppose you must have meant "D3". Otherwise your skills with the M8 are formidable!
It must be that first glass of wine!
If it were the M8, then the camera would be a formidable version as well (ISO 6400!!)
Unfortunately it's too late to edit - maybe that nice Guy will do it for me!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Jono, that was my first thought: "hey, that black dog looks blue"
Nice dog.

Here's yet another postcard from Mr. and Mrs. Bird

D300 + ZF 1.4/50

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Have you thought about the new nikon 18-65? or is it too slow for you?
The 18-65 seems to be a very nice lens, although slow and somewhat costly. Together with a 70-300 and the new Tokina 11-16, it would make a very nice, lightweight kit. I could always carry a prime or two for the occasions when I need a shallow DOF.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
17 May is the national day of Norway, the day when all Norwegians around the globe celebrate the constitution of 1814. It's a grand celebration, starting early in the morning and lasting until late, late... The main attraction is the focus on children and the children's parade. Here are a couple of snapshots from yesterday's celebration in Bangkok.

Both with S3 and the 80-200 AF-S.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, I like them both ... but, the first is my favorite. IMO, happiness and joy is to underrepresented in photography.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen I like them both as well. Is there a big Norwegian expat group in Thailand?
Thanks, both of you.

There are not many Norwegians living here in the Bangkok area, but there are at least a thousand Norwegians living in Pattaya, and a similar number, if not more, in the south of Thailand. Nobody knows for sure though, since there are no official statistics.

jonoslack

Nice one Jorgen (I like the second better).

W E L C O M E H O M E S A U L

D3, 24-70 (at 70) 1/60th f2.8 6400ISO (it really is a miracle)
He's been away since December, working in a ski resort - even the cat's pleased to see him!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a snapshot, taken while I was leaving a party, of a friend of mine and his children. S3 with Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8 and ISO1600. Onboard flash. Was in a hurry, no time to change settings, just turned around as I left, saying "Look! Now!". So they did :)

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Here is a D3 shot, I borrowed the camera from a "good" friend, and still am...though I thought about keeping the camera.....:D

Also more shots in my gallery, which I have updated..if you care to look or comment...thanks, Don

Last edited: